Sign in to follow this  
kaa

External views.

Hi...maybe dumb, but is there a way to have external views of the other objects (particularly planes) and cycle through them ? thanks in advance !

Edited by kaa

Hi...maybe dumb, but is there a way to have external views of the other objects (particularly planes) and cycle through them ? thanks in advance !

Yes.

If you click ' this turns on padlock view, next press TAB to select next target, and your view will be locked on to the target. Click ' again, and you're back to normal. If the target is just a dot in the distance, use [ and ] to zoom in and out.

You can also click through the TAC options to focus on aircraft / vehicles etc, which saves a lot of grief looking for the target you want.

There is another way, Shift f4 (I think, - I don't use it), gives you the reverse view of you relative to the target, to give the view of the target relative to you. If you want to shoot something and see the damage, you need to be pretty nimble with the fingers. I prefer the padlock view, and a few zooms [[[[.

I couldn't swear it is shift f4, but no doubt someone will correct me.

Edited by Flyby PC

Oh, and press f3 to turn off your cockpit too, other wise your padlock view won't show anything obscured by the cockpit.

I couldn't swear it is shift f4, but no doubt someone will correct me.

It´s Ctrl+Shift+F4 to get a view with you focused relative to the enemy, and Shift+F4 to have the enemy focused with you centered in the distance (sorry my english sucks sometimes).

Once an enemy crate is Padlocked and viewed with Shift+F4, is there a way to rotate the view (and not only zoom it) or it´s always fixed?

Edited by Aristoteles2007

It´s Ctrl+Shift+F4 to get a view with you focused relative to the enemy, and Shift+F4 to have the enemy focused with you centered in the distance (sorry my english sucks sometimes).

Once an enemy crate is Padlocked and viewed with Shift+F4, is there a way to rotate the view (and not only zoom it) or it´s always fixed?

Thank you Aristoteles2007, I was close, but no cigar. Glad somebody was paying attention. drinks.gif

Regards rotating the view, I think the answer is no.

Thanks for thre replies...mmmhhh Uncleal, as i am a proud owner of a trackIr...i must admit that your last post is quite obscure to me...in short, i do not understand ...

You Only have the views provided by the Trackir, when you are in Virtual Cockpit. Virtual Cockpit is acessable from two locations, the first being a part of four views, cycled via (F4)

The second is via an actual control for Virtual Cockpit which exists within the controls for OFF. However, when you installed OFF, that particular control was not assigned a keystroke, as such you'll have to do it yourself

The proceedure is rather well covered in OFF Tips & Cheats #26

However if you're running VISTA, stay away from CFS3 QC. It was written at an earlier time

Then you would fly around, and press Esc, and a menu will appear granting you access to Controls

Okay, thank you...