Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Setting...in CFS3

After an hour of trying to shoot down somebody...anybody!...I decided that my joystick movements are set 'way too sensitive. Going into CFS3, I can find the 'Calibrate' tester, but for anything else, it points me to 'Settings', which is eluding me. Can someone point out the trail of breadcrumbs? Thanks.

Your right, if you click on controls on the hanger drop down, and then calibrate, all it is going to do is open up the same window you would get if you went to control panel, and clicked on game controllers. If your particular hardware has settings to change sensitivty, or adjust the null zones, you should be able to access it there....for my particular joystick,,i hit the properties buttons

But the game itself has no place to make adjustments to your joystick other than the speed of "repeat" if you hold down a key that has been assighned a command...(those little sliders you see in the controls section)

I think if you posted what controller you have, someone with the same on could tell you what options you have, and what options you dont have...

Outside of CFS3, go to your Control Panel, then look for either a utility specific to your joystick, or else a utility called Game Controllers and check out 'Properties'. You should get a menu to configure your joystick.

(Sorry SittingDuck, wasn't paying attention when I read your reply). good.gif

Edited by Flyby PC

lol...dont worry about it,,,no one pays attention to what i write...

Take heart, Duck! We all come to full alert when you post. I'm using the Logitech Extreme 3D. I went to Control Panel>Game Controllers, and these shots were the best I could find...and they were basically XYZ axis diagnostics; the same I found in CFS3. In CFS1 Europe, this was an easy fix.

lol...dont worry about it,,,no one pays attention to what i write...

Hey duck,

I paid attention when you posted about XP64 earlier this year. I finally got it installed and now running 8GB G.Skill 6400 4-4-4-12 @ 1.6 volts. Bumped it to 4-3-4-10 @ 1.75 volts and it's rock steady. I tried to set it @ 4-3-4-9 but when I got close to 2 volts before she started to stabilize, I got to nervous and backed it down.

You were right; having 8GB of ram has made a BIG difference in performance.

Sorry if I've momentarily hijacked thread.

plug_nickel (Al)

Take heart, Duck! We all come to full alert when you post. I'm using the Logitech Extreme 3D. I went to Control Panel>Game Controllers, and these shots were the best I could find...and they were basically XYZ axis diagnostics; the same I found in CFS3. In CFS1 Europe, this was an easy fix.

Take a look in Program Files or where Logitech installed. There should be a file or files that will allow you to adjust the joystick's null setting. You won't find that in System/Game Controllers.

You might also check Logitech's site to see if if there's a driver/software update or program that will allow you to adjust null settings.

My old Logitech Momo wheel installed with program that allowed me to adjust the wheel's "drift" and lock-to-lock response.

Just a thought.

plug_nickel (Al)

yeah, almccoyjr is right,,you wont find that in game controllers...i think it has to be a funtion of the game,,,(which cfs3 did not have,,)

but did find this for you...

if you have the logitech software installed,,,here is how you set sensitivity and null zones ( i happen to have a logitech gamepad on my computer)

gallery_45808_317_55341.jpg

note,,,seems like you have to have a profile for the game assighned to the joystick for this to work...profiles for logitech are a little bit of a pain the first time,,,

if you dont have the software,,here is a link for it,,,just chose your os...http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/441/291&cl=us,en?WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

if you have the logitech software installed,,,here is how you set sensitivity and null zones ( i happen to have a logitech gamepad on my computer)

Looks like this is going to take a few more steps that I had hoped for. Did a Search on my hard drives looking for Logitech. (Does not show up in Program Files) All that came up in several tries were two old e-mails to a friend written when we mentioned Logitech by name. (That in itself I find weird.) Thanks all for the help. I'll get it sorted out.