Sign in to follow this  
dobbo999

WOE V .08.30.06 on vista

HI to everyone I'm new to combatace and think it's a fantastic site.

I'm hoping someone can tell me why my WOE game is doing funny things on vista. The game installed ok and actually runs brilliantly. The problem lies after I have completed the mission and either land or press ESC to go to the de-brief screen. The game immediately closes and I end up at the desktop and have to re-load the game. ANY help and advice would be hugely appreciated. I am currently running a dell XPS 630I with a WOE V.08.30.06. Thanks

Yes WOE is not officially supported for Vista - which is why there is now SF2:E

The best thing to do in your case is you need to install the latest Patch for WOE (Oct 2008) from Thirdwires site.

Only patch over a clean install with no mods

If for some reason you cant patch it there is a Vista fix thread in the knowledgebase for it :ok:

Hi Dobbo999 welcome to CA

As migBuster said install the latest patch on a clean game install, plus try updating ur vista to SP2 (befor tha game install)it worked with me no funny stuff anymore when I updated the system....