Sign in to follow this  
Stick

Raptor Reloaded

Ive been a fan of the Raptor since its second release; especially with the new cockpit and revamped 3D model. However in an aerial engagement against the vaunted Flanker I was getting my ass handed to me, not to mention the nifty old MiG-21 that could turn inside my turn under 300kts with Hard FM selected.

Keep em at bay with the 6 AMRAAMS? Thats a duck shoot. Besides Ive tweaked the MISSIONCONTROL .ini so that the AI will hug the ground(no doubt with increased fatalities). Out of a posse of 12, odds are 2 will get close enough to sniff my farts when the G's are pulled. En masse Archer and Aphid will deliver the kill.

So I perused Kreelins Flanker FM for all those attributes that bestow super manoeuverability; did some tweaking and Voila!

It needs some more tuning, but right now Ivans not going to try any of those patented under 100kts skidding outside the pipper cobra moves without getting a taste of the ol' 20mm because now you can stay with him like glue through his most dazzling repertoire of manoeuvres.

Heres to the Raptor reigning supreme in Thirdwire skies.

Stick,

FM is meant to be used on normal not hard. I have done nothing but own everything in the air with it.

Normal FM doesnt reflect the nuances of an uneven loadout or if you spend a munition on one side of the aircraft;

Even on normal FM it isn't exactly the epitome of supermanoeuverability-no offence to the creator;heck the only thing I can do is copy and paste!

What I tried to do here is explore the post stall possibilities-which are very restricted in the original FM.

This is entirely based on videos Ive seen and of course that sneaky feeling that the Raptor maybe more manoeuverable than the Flanker.:blink:

Took her for a spin on normal FM and yes Dave I do concur, it can do many a nasty thing-so I must take back my earlier statement.

Therefore this experiment was strictly to further develop the FM in HARD mode, as was done with the Mirage 2000D.

Any more news on this? I'm interested in any advances in "hard" FM add-ons. I can't stand the thought of "normal" FMs, feel like I ought to be playing an x-box game or Zaxxon or something.

Any more news on this? I'm interested in any advances in "hard" FM add-ons. I can't stand the thought of "normal" FMs, feel like I ought to be playing an x-box game or Zaxxon or something.

I rarely play on hard because we had an F-4 pilot say that if he flew an F-4 with the FM of the hard in the series in real life he would be dead. Hard does not always reflect real world FM's. Fubar612, C5 and a few others make FM's on hard they do reflect that. So those are the ones I use.

Good point. :) That's why I am interested in advances in "hard" FM for various planes. I prefer to either tough it out, or edit as needed if a plane is too undermodeled in hard. :)

(and it's always nice to hear when a simulated brick is actually just undermodeled and it would really be better/easier than that IRL. hehe :) - at least.... IF you can edit it. Oleg's drag-chute pulling F6F really sticks in my craw)