Sign in to follow this  
ArisFuser

Would it be possible?

Just 2 ideas...

1. A top 20 list ( or 30 for that matter) for highest scoring aces at the time of the Campaign, so that instead of looking in the database, we could take a look and maybe see our pilots included there and compare their achievements to those of their flying mates in that exact period of the war.

2. Possibility to transfer our pilot ( or at least, make an appointment and get denial or approval), between Squadrons or Jastas? For example, in my present campaign, Jasta1 sector it´s been rather boring lately, and I would like to move to more active sectors...

I don't have an answer for #1. Number 2, your solution for now is to select Regional Air Activity to High in the workshop if you have not done so already. You may see more action. In general the early war gives less action for now, until more types of planes are added, and was historicly a slow time as well. Pick a time in 1916 and it seems the further north the better.

Yes. These ideas we have been already thinked. As many times, not sure yet will those be included and when.

1) There is constantly updated kill board for the entire sim, for DiD pilots, of which I'm not one. PM Siggi to find the particulars

If you're seeking your pilot's name in lights, for all to see. It can't be done. But the Kill Board is there, if you wish to look

2) Legally . . Transfers are not tolerated at all, as the Manager will not approve.

Illegally it has been done, but it voids the warantee, and possibly lots worse, making a reinstal be needed

transfering illegally? what does that mean. if one desires to have a pilot transfer from one squadron to another? the campaign manager locks you in with one squadron for the entire war. this is, of course, historically inaccurate--but you're stuck with the limitations of CFS3. I would suspect that if one were very careful they might be able to successfully transfer a pilot by manually editing the pilot dossier text file. but I wouldn't recommend that to the average end-user.

I didn't even know that Over Flanders Fields had a warranty!

Just 2 ideas...

1. A top 20 list ( or 30 for that matter) for highest scoring aces at the time of the Campaign, so that instead of looking in the database, we could take a look and maybe see our pilots included there and compare their achievements to those of their flying mates in that exact period of the war.

2. Possibility to transfer our pilot ( or at least, make an appointment and get denial or approval), between Squadrons or Jastas? For example, in my present campaign, Jasta1 sector it´s been rather boring lately, and I would like to move to more active sectors...

I don't think 1 is practical or realistic. You can look at your squadron kill board, but that is not what you are talking about I don't think. There weren't too many pilots in this era obsessed with their "score". Most were obsessed with their own survival, and teaching rookie pilots how to survive. Those that were obsessed with their score were interested mostly in how many more kills do I need to be awarded the Pour Le Merite, and not a comparison to other fellow pilots. Those that were obsessed in being the highest scorer in their sector, or region, or indeed from their entire air service might be able to find that kind of information out through newspapers, or "scuttlebutt" or rumour amongst the squadron staff, but I have a feeling if they sought out that information, all they would get is the leading pilot's current score (and maybe a good dose of contempt from their fellow pilots), and a list of the TOP 20 would be unthinkable.

I believe transferring ability is a good idea, and should be included in Phase 4 if at all possible, but it is a two-edged sword. If you are envious that the Jasta in the next airfield are issued with Fokker D.VII's and your Jasta still uses aircraft of lesser quality (and will do so until war's end), you might apply for a transfer, but this would cause a bit of a stir in your Jasta. I'm sure ALL the pilots want the D.VII. If you are successful in getting a promotion, you wouldn't be popular, and so applying for one would have the same effect.

The other side of the coin is that if transfers are included in the game, you will also be subject to transfer against your will. Not a very nice prospect at all, but quite necessary in the "real world".

Edited by Check Six