Sign in to follow this  
pletje

Problems With Loman 2.0 Final

Boooh hooh :(

Ok here's the deal: I installed Lock on on my new PC (jeeej I can finally run it properly), patched it and installed Loman.

Now I admit I'm completely new to both LOMAC and Loman, but I'm certainly not new at sims and mods / add-ons and so on.

Besides, Lomans interface is pretty straightforward, so I can't really see what I'm doing wrong.

But what happens is this:

I select a skin, for example Mitch's Hi-res Flipper skin. I click the install button, and the following error occurs:

A-10-OKRAS-R2.BMP does NOT match original texture size so it has been installed to bazar\temptexture

(as well as the same error for the L2 file).

Then when I click ok, it says "succesfully installed", but when going to LOMAC, I still see the dull default A-10 skin.

I tried emptying the temptezture folder, but it had no effect.

Also checking / unchecking the "always install textures in CDDS files" did not make a difference.

This happens with all the files I installed.

That is, with the hi-res textures I get the error, with the not-hi-res (like Liger Zero's Tiger One skin), I do NOT get the error, but still see the default skin.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I use the skins?

Duhhhhh please can someone help me here?

Thanks in advance !!

Pletje

As i understand it Loman can only install skins that has a higher resolution than the default into the bazaar/temptexture folder. Whereas skins in the default size can be installed to the actual location of the originals.

This is not a problem. If you don't see the skin it is probably because you don't select the skin that has been changed:

I allways fly with the JAWS skin for the A10. I have installed the high-res version but i only see it in the game if i choose the JAWS(:blink:) skin. All the other A10 skins are still the default ones. In this case its pretty obvious that the JAWS skin should replace the JAWS skin. In other cases you might have to scroll through the skins till you find the right one

Ah....just an incredibly stupid question......

Are the skins perhaps only visible in multiplayer-mode?

'cause I still see the default A-10, no matter what I try?

cheers

Boooh hooh  :(

Ok here's the deal: I installed Lock on on my new PC (jeeej I can finally run it properly), patched it and installed Loman.

Now I admit I'm completely new to both LOMAC and Loman, but I'm certainly not new at sims and mods / add-ons and so on.

Besides, Lomans interface is pretty straightforward, so I can't really see what I'm doing wrong.

But what happens is this:

I select a skin, for example Mitch's Hi-res Flipper skin. I click the install button, and the following error occurs:

A-10-OKRAS-R2.BMP does NOT match original texture size so it has been installed to bazar\temptexture

(as well as the same error for the L2 file).

Then when I click ok, it says "succesfully installed", but when going to LOMAC, I still see the dull default A-10 skin.

I tried emptying the temptezture folder, but it had no effect.

Also checking / unchecking the  "always install textures in CDDS files" did not make a difference.

This happens with all the files I installed.

That is, with the hi-res textures I get the error, with the not-hi-res (like Liger Zero's Tiger One skin), I do NOT get the error, but still see the default skin.

What am I doing wrong?

How can I use the skins?

Duhhhhh please can someone help me here?

Thanks in advance !!

Pletje

it's not an error at all...

oversize skins are installed in temptexture folder.

if you don't see it, it means you didn't select it in mission editor

Hey Skypat.

I know it is not an error as such, but the message Loman displays when you install a high-res skin is perhaps a bit misleading. Maybe it would cause less confusion if you in the next version change the "error" message to a "Note" or something... Just a suggestion ;)

Cheers,

GD

Ahaa!

Think Skypat rang my wake-up call hahah.

Erm..mission editor..? cough....stands in corner with ass-cap on.

I'll have a look when I'm home...but I'm sure I'll need a big towel to wipe the egg of my face.

Thanks, all and especially Skypat of course.

I'll let you know how it works out ;-)

Oki Doki...I almost figured it out ;-)

One last question, when in the main menu of the game, just clicking "fly"on one of the aircraft, still shows the default skin when airborne.

Is this in any way changeable to a custom skin, or not?

If you install a skin that swaps iteself for the skin used in the quick-fly mission - then yes.

The A-10 quick-fly mission uses the skin called

"52th fighter wing"...

...btw: shouldn't it be "52nd..." :rolleyes:

Ermm...ok so how do I know if a skin swaps itself?

And if it doesn't, is there a way to do this manually?

If I wanted skin "X"to be the default skin for the quick-fly mission, how would I do that?

thx again!

the fastest way would be to edit the quick-fly mission.

From the main menu select "open". Open the "Quick Start" folder and double click on the A10A mission.

Yuo are now taken to the map screen. Zoom out if neccesary. Click the airplane symbol or any of the wayponts for the plane. On the top right click "payload". YOu are now taken to the payload screen. On the bottom left select the skin you want.

Click the disc icon on the top left ( or select save from the menu) to save it.

This should do the trick

Dude!

It works :-)

Pheeeew.....glad THAT's sorted out after a few days of frustration eheheh

Thanks, mate!!!!