Sign in to follow this  
HouseHobbit

First flight In BHAH

I made my first flight in a Halb.D.II time 0815; weather; med clouds, flew from Bertincourt..Encountered Med aintiaircraft over front lines..Climbed to 10,500 to avoid light arms fire..Engine developed small oil leak..Bring to the attention of ground crew upon return..Headed towards Marieux, looking for a fight..Found it!!! Several DH2 aircraft at 10,000 ft.. Engaged three of them, suffered a few hits in left wing, downed One (1) DH2.. Had to escape, out of Ammo..Landed at Bertincourt, areocraft minor hits.. Nerves SHOT.. Will take wingman next time..

After actions report

Baron Von Hobbit

Edited by HouseHobbit

Bravo on surviving your 1st sortie and popping your cherry. I'll buy you a drink for that drinks.gif .

Good going Hobbit, bloodied first time out and lived to tell. Nerves shot, don't expect that to change anytime soon.

HouseHobbit.. loved the story of your first sortie, but what the heck are you doing flying for the wrong side?..

Professor Tolkien would be mortified that you have betrayed his English blood and joined the other side! :yikes:

I made my first flight in a Halb.D.II time 0815; weather; med clouds, flew from Bertincourt..Encountered Med aintiaircraft over front lines..Climbed to 10,500 to avoid light arms fire..Engine developed small oil leak..Bring to the attention of ground crew upon return..Headed towards Marieux, looking for a fight..Found it!!! Several DH2 aircraft at 10,000 ft.. Engaged three of them, suffered a few hits in left wing, downed One (1) DH2.. Had to escape, out of Ammo..Landed at Bertincourt, areocraft minor hits.. Nerves SHOT.. Will take wingman next time..

After actions report

Baron Von Hobbit

Good show Hobbit!

You see, it's really quite easy, just keep doing that til the end o' the war

Either that or join the rest of us in the Grave Diggers Union rofl.gif

Ah yes, Remember my first Sortie back in the days of Phase 1

(still wake up screaming some nights!) :grin:

Well done, Leutnant Hobbit - to take on DH2s in a Halberstadt in your first sortie

is quite something to get shaky hands from. Now you go to the mess, where the

Feldwebel will give you a good Mass of Andechser - the best nutrition for human nerves.

That will settle you again.

In a couple of weeks we are promised a new fighter - the Albatros DI. It will have two

machine guns! With that fighter, we will chase the whole Entente rubbish over the horizon.

So promise me to last that long, alright?

Well done Herr HouseHobbit, pilots like you is exactly what the Kaiser needs! Keep up and watch your six, in this sim things end quite abruptly! For ze Faterland!!

itifonhom

Well done, Sir! Brandy and cigars in the mess. Perhaps someone can find a car and the lot of us careen into Lille for whats left of the night-life.

HouseHobbit.. loved the story of your first sortie, but what the heck are you doing flying for the wrong side?..

Professor Tolkien would be mortified that you have betrayed his English blood and joined the other side! yikes.gif

Gollum was a good Hobbitt too... until the ring consumed him...

so consider us ...

Ringwraiths ... Muhahahahahahahahaha!!!!

That's exactly what happened!! The Ring, my precious!! For ze Kaizer!!!

Go on Hobbits, itifonhom

It seems that I have been attacked by the ORC, from Mordor...Engaged two Flying ORC, As alwys there are surprises in the air over the western front these days..LOL..And Who put the Dragon in the Game??? LOL..Phase II was never like this!!! LOL A drink to all that struggle in the air.

I think I'll fly the British or Americn side next mission..Lord Hobbit of the British flying corps is enlisting..

To Save the World from the dreaded Hun this time..LOL..

A dragon? If you see a dragon, it's over - you are in Walhalla then. :grin:

You can enlist more than 15 pilots, if you like. I have six now, for the Halberstadt

and all versions of the Albatros.

But you can have a British, a French and an American too.

And then you fly just what you feel like?

A fox, crossing the Jasta aerodrome later that night, was heard to remark to a fellow, "Hobbits? Flying with Orcs? Now that is decidedly strange."