Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Semicolon, the Claims Killer

In another thread, Ryan H wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has found a solution to this (or cares) but it's because of the semicolon key.

If you use a semicolon in your report it thinks thats the end.

Exactly, Ryan! I have started all new pilots, and since I didn't use semicolons, I can read the full claim

text in the log again! And since I see the last word is "pending", I can hope now, to get some more

confirmations in future. Thanks a lot, Ryan!:good:

In another thread, Ryan H wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone has found a solution to this (or cares) but it's because of the semicolon key.

If you use a semicolon in your report it thinks thats the end.

Exactly, Ryan! I have started all new pilots, and since I didn't use semicolons, I can read the full claim

text in the log again! And since I see the last word is "pending", I can hope now, to get some more

confirmations in future. Thanks a lot, Ryan!:good:

Oho! Now wouldn't it be perfect Olham if you win Lou's competition and get a Pour le Mérite in-game at the same time... which you might if your claims are now better recorded?7171

Yes, I will make one Blue Max, before the year is over.

I used to have 25 - 30 claims, but only 5 - 12 confirms. If the semicolon was the problem,

I will soon have problems to get my crate off the field - because of all the Iron Crosses!

:cool:

Olham my freund. Good news! I hope it is the answer for you. Your Blue Max collection will be growing soon.

Hopefully this is something that the devs can look into. Its not a big problem (just avoid the semicolon, of course) but for those that dont know to do that, its can be a bit problematic. Just glad I could be of service!Salute.gif

Ryan, if this was the whole problem with my claims, you didn't only save my day -

you saved all my future campaigns!

And for Winder and Pol: it may not be possible to change, but you could (in a future version)

write a note in the claims report window, that people should not use semicolons.

I could have had 5 Blue Max by now - at least!

The title of this thread is like the name of some bad action movie, possibly starring Jean-Claude Van Damme or some other such superstar. :grin:

I've seen those abruptly cut claims occasionally and always wondered what was causing them. It seems the culprit has been found now! Olham, if you won't get better success with the claims in the future, then they really hate you in the headquarters. Start a bomber career with the DFW and bomb them to hell with the help of that great bombsight.

Yes, or I start campaigns with Tripes, S.E.5a and Camels, with Nieuports and SPADs,

and clobber the whole Imperial Luftstreitkräfte!!! Schnorch, steam, grumph!!!!

But: not I have found it - Ryan H wrote it elsewhere - thanks again, Ryan!

The ; is a special character we use there, it won't be changed for P3. All you have to do is write a few very basic sentences describing what you saw, the fancier you make the punctuation it the less likely it will be understood.

I well known acronym springs to mind.

KISS

I'll add it to the FAQ - thanks for bringing it up Ryan H.

KISS ? Must stand for "keep it short + simple" ? (So the English way to kiss, I assume :grin:)

No semicolons, but I only get a 50% of my claims, but my first por le Merite anyway,... :dntknw:

PlM.jpg

Wow, the "Blue Max" !

Now that I have recognised the semicolon trap, I will get it for me, too.

You may get only 50 % because you make so many kills. Headquarter is suspicious

about claims too high, and so they drop some of them into the paper bin.

The title of this thread is like the name of some bad action movie, possibly starring Jean-Claude Van Damme or some other such superstar. :grin:

no hassewind, it's not with van damme. it's with michael dudikoff and chuck norris. :yes:

no hassewind, it's not with van damme. it's with michael dudikoff and chuck norris. :yes:

Well, if Chuck Norris is the guy who keeps killing the claims, we have no chance against him. :rofl:

Yahooooo!!!!!!

It works! For the first time in all my OFF campaigns I am getting a good amount of confirms!

And only, because I didn't use semicolons anymore!

I wished, someone had told me earlier - thanks again, Ryan H - you made it REAL BIG fun!

Now I may be on my way to the "Blue Max", meine Herren!

Edited by Olham

Will we be feasting to celebrate the glorious event. True german food and beer? I'ld love me some of that. Let us know when you get that first BM. and we'll tip a few back. drinks.gif

Thanks, Rickity, just had a rather basic meal - Erbsensuppe mit Speck und Würstchen. But it was delicious!

Do you get the Blue Max with 20 victories, or more? Can't remember; I had it once, but that was in Phase 2.

:drinks: