Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

More German ranks

for those who are interested and if the devs agree, here a file wich has more ranks to choose. you can get promoted or start with the rank you want, as usual.

simply drop it into CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots folder.

• Like 1

Thank´s mate!

Yes, thanks from me too - now I can be a Rittmeister - great!

I'm by no means an expert on Imperial German military ranks, but isn't Rittmeister basically the same rank as Hauptmann? They are both captains, Rittmeister in the cavalry and Hauptmann in the infantry and artillery. For example MvR was a cavalry officer, so he was a Rittmeister instead of Hauptmann.

I'm by no means an expert on Imperial German military ranks, but isn't Rittmeister basically the same rank as Hauptmann? They are both captains, Rittmeister in the cavalry and Hauptmann in the infantry and artillery. For example MvR was a cavalry officer, so he was a Rittmeister instead of Hauptmann.

Yes - you are correct.

Still going to use though - thanks Creaghorn.

I love user made mods. The other one I am using is the additional last names for the germans and French..

i think you're right, hasse. i wanted to add rittmeister because imho it's more assiociated with the leader of a german jasta than hauptmann. i might replace hauptmann with rittmeister instead of beeing the next rank if you (and/or others) wish.

though flieger is no rank. if you were a cavallerist and came to the flying unit beeing a leutnant, you usually had still the rank leutnant, though beeing a rookie. can imagine they had some trouble, when a oberleutnant with no kills had to be led by a unteroffizier with 5 kills, or even worse, a rookie who led the formation because he had the higher rank. i know from rickenbackers book that officially a formation was led by the pilot with the highest rank, but as soon as they went into formation, the real leader got to the top and the official leader dropped back. maybe the germans did it similar or they didn't care at all who had wich rank, as a band of brothers.

usually, at least in the beginning in german 2 seater squadrons, the gunners or navigators were the important people with the high ranks, while the pilot was only considered beeing the "driver".

wondering anyway how MvR could get promoted to rittmeister. he was oberleutnant before and stuck in this rank, because his father was also oberleutnant of the same weapon and traditionally a son could not get a higher rank than his father

for those who are interested and if the devs agree, here a file wich has more ranks to choose. you can get promoted or start with the rank you want, as usual.

simply drop it into CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots folder.

No problem at all.

Just a heads up - you can add as many ranks as you wish BUT always make sure the top rank (last record in file) is exactly the same as default OFF.

HTH

WM

No problem at all.

Just a heads up - you can add as many ranks as you wish BUT always make sure the top rank (last record in file) is exactly the same as default OFF.

HTH

WM

thank you. i tried not to break anything, so i made the last rank with exactly the same ending and lines.

i also looked for a way to change the promoting value so one will not be rittmeister withing 4 weeks, but i didn't find it.

thank you. i tried not to break anything, so i made the last rank with exactly the same ending and lines.

i also looked for a way to change the promoting value so one will not be rittmeister withing 4 weeks, but i didn't find it.

I hardcoded that... but remember P4 will see revised Ranks Medals the whole lot will be overhauled.

Have fun

WM

I hardcoded that... but remember P4 will see revised Ranks Medals the whole lot will be overhauled.

Have fun

WM

that's what i thought, so no problem and thank you for confirming that.

i know all will be in P4, i'm just trying to improve those small things in the meantime. and i think p4 will not be ready too soon Salute.gif

for those who don't want to have Hauptmann, then, Rittmeister, here another file with Hauptmann replaced by Rittmeister.

for installlation, please read the first post.

wondering anyway how MvR could get promoted to rittmeister. he was oberleutnant before and stuck in this rank, because his father was also oberleutnant of the same weapon and traditionally a son could not get a higher rank than his father

Was this rather strange rule adhered to? Did it matter if the father was still serving or not? It's a bit tough if your father was a Gefrieter :salute:

Was this rather strange rule adhered to? Did it matter if the father was still serving or not? It's a bit tough if your father was a Gefrieter Salute.gif

when i google albrecht v R it's always said, "major" AvR. since he was still active in wartime (no frontservice of course) i assume they promoted him to major, then it was possible to promote his son to rittmeister.

for those who don't want to have Hauptmann, then, Rittmeister, here another file with Hauptmann replaced by Rittmeister.

for installlation, please read the first post.

Hi again!

Please note that the top Rank has to be same as OFF default i.e has to remain Hauptmann....this applies to all nations the existing Top Rank MUST remain as is.

You can change all lower Ranks and add in extra Ranks BUT TOP RANK (last Rank in list) must be IDENTICAL to OFF default....

HTH

WM

ok guys, you heard it. something is going to go wrong, so please do not use the files i have posted!!! dntknw.gif