Anyone having a problem with aircraft audio when copying the SF directory? Example: I recently copied the components of a mod from WOV to WOE, sound, objects, controls, etc and now I'm finding that random aircraft (the PLAAF J-8, F-35A and C (but not B)) have no engine sounds. I've checked the data.inis checked for the corresponding sound files in the sound folder and they're there... but just no sound. I've tried recopying the audio, problem persists...

Anyone come across this?

Note: I'm using the first gen series, patched to date.

I will reply so you do not feel so alone.

The truth is that I never step.

Since you deal with all possible tricks to solve it.

I think it is but really should reinstall the game.

Marcos

Edited by suicidal

So no one's come across this...? Damn. That sucks! :smile:

What format (mono or stereo) are the offending sound files encoded in? TW sims can only utilize mono....stereo will not work.

lol, sorry, didn't see you guys post on here. They should be in the mono format, since they worked previously. I discovered that the hard way trying to make new helicopter sounds. It's just odd that a folder change seems to affect them. I've done it several times before and it's worked. I'm thinking maybe just to start from scratch, but that means spending a sh*tload of time replacing every single item. Yay. The only thing I can think of is that it was copied from my baseline WOV install, ie, one that's been around for about 3 years. Still works perfectly though...

Anyone having a problem with aircraft audio when copying the SF directory? Example: I recently copied the components of a mod from WOV to WOE, sound, objects, controls, etc and now I'm finding that random aircraft (the PLAAF J-8, F-35A and C (but not B)) have no engine sounds. I've checked the data.inis checked for the corresponding sound files in the sound folder and they're there... but just no sound. I've tried recopying the audio, problem persists...

Me too. But plus GSH301.wav (In Game), sound of Su-35's gun. When firing, no sound. How about you?

Any suggestion?