Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Jasta18 Pfalz DIII for download

I just added the Pfalz D.III to the download section. It's markings are that of Jasta 18. Can be used with any of the other Jasta 18 aircraft. I left the stock game markings but it should really only be used after March 1918. This is when Jasta 18 adapted the red and white colors under Ltn. August Raben, commander of Jasta 18.

Quack74,

is this skin or full aircraft? I don't have Pfalz DIII (crate), the only one I know of is by A-Team, which is a NOGO for me :bad:

Yup, looks nice, but I can't download A-Team stuff either, I've sent them emails to try and get registered to enable me to download stuff, but I've never had any replies from them.

Al

Edited by Chock

It's skin, not hte a/c

yes, I don't like their policy either

I've always liked the Raben birds. This is another high quality job Quack. You work at an amazing pace. I can hardly DL and install them as fast as you turn em out! :drinks:

I dont understand why some of you guys cant log on to the A-Teams site. Were you banned? It is just a skin not the complete model. I cannot post the complete model. It isnt mine to post. Just the skin work is mine so thats all I can post. Have you guys ever downloaded any other aircraft from the A-Team? They have some good WWI models there. And with Pete01's flight models they're even better. Sorry to here there is a problem.

On another note, I'm glad you other guys like it. Thanksdrinks.gif

Quack74, I have many aircraft (mostly WW2) from that site, it's just I was banned, and both my accounts deleted/locked, without warning nor written notification from CaPun (which wasn't the fair way to do so), presumably after I stated my opinion (here) about certain models available there as being poor conversions from outside source (which in fact they were).

Missing the Pfalz DIII and DH-4, that's all :this:

I've simply never been able to get anything from that site. I registered on the forum and followed the guidelines to get download access, then followed the further guidelines if you don't receive a reply to your email, and never got a reply from that one either. It looks like some good stuff on that site, but it might just as well not exist for me, since I can't download any of it despite having followed all the things you are supposed to do in order to be able to get it. I was interested in their DH4, but I've resorted to making my own because of that, and I may well end up having to do the same to get a Pfalz.

Al

Edited by Chock

...but I've resorted to making my own because of that, and I may well end up having to do the same to get a Pfalz.

Dunno if this might save you a lot of time 'n effort, but TK will be producing both the Pfalz D.III and DIIIa in the next expansion pack...Though, when that'll actually be released, I don't know.

Edited by Southside Bucky

I read that too. TK's models have so much detail. Be nice to have an accurate DIII and DIIIa. I did so many skins for the A-Team version already. Almost hate to do them all over again. I didnt realize so many people were having problems registering at the A-Teams site. Too bad. What gives over there? These guys are missing out on a lot of WWI aircraft because of it. I've gotten a couple of harsh messages from them before because of comments I made about their aircraft. Seems to be a very touchy topic. I guess we cant have or opinionsdntknw.gif . Actually I'll probably get som sh$% for saying that too. They seem to be ok over there if you get on their good side. I guess they've gotten burned by people stealing their models and posting them elsewhere. I helped them out with their DH-4 model and Capun1950 was really cool with helping me out with some issues. So I cant really say anything bad about them. They must have their reasons for blocking people from their site.

About that next expansion pack, is that going to be another $30 bucks. TK should be paying people from the CombatAce forums for spending their time improving his game and figuring out all the problem. It only took us three years of moding and skinning. Just kidding! I must say though, the last Expansion Pack and patches messed up all the flight models and made more than half the planes useless. Also changed some effects. I have the game just where I want it now. I would hate to install an Epansion pack that screws up all my add-ons. What if the Expansion Pack reverts everyones files ( flight, effects, and objects) back to default settings????? I've added so many mods that I would never know how to get it back to the way it is now. I'm sure you all feel the same.

Edited by quack74

I read that too. TK's models have so much detail. Be nice to have an accurate DIII and DIIIa. I did so many skins for the A-Team version already. Almost hate to do them all over again. I didnt realize so many people were having problems registering at the A-Teams site. Too bad. What gives over there? These guys are missing out on a lot of WWI aircraft because of it. I've gotten a couple of harsh messages from them before because of comments I made about their aircraft. Seems to be a very touchy topic. I guess we cant have or opinionsdntknw.gif . Actually I'll probably get som sh$% for saying that too. They seem to be ok over there if you get on their good side. I guess they've gotten burned by people stealing their models and posting them elsewhere. I helped them out with their DH-4 model and Capun1950 was really cool with helping me out with some issues. So I cant really say anything bad about them. They must have their reasons for blocking people from their site.

About that next expansion pack, is that going to be another $30 bucks. TK should be paying people from the CombatAce forums for spending their time improving his game and figuring out all the problem. It only took us three years of moding and skinning. Just kidding! I must say though, the last Expansion Pack and patches messed up all the flight models and made more than half the planes useless. Also changed some effects. I have the game just where I want it now. I would hate to install an Epansion pack that screws up all my add-ons. What if the Expansion Pack reverts everyones files ( flight, effects, and objects) back to default settings????? I've added so many mods that I would never know how to get it back to the way it is now. I'm sure you all feel the same.

Hi Quack74 I to have a heavily modded FE (thanks to kind people like you) what I do is back my install up before adding any mods so I can always go back but then a guy like you with your skills knows that any way.

Please no disrespect intended there mate.

Edited by don246

Hey don246. I definitely would back up the FE I have now. I like the way I have it. The problem with another Expansion Pack is this (for me anyway),I'm sure there will be new effects, sounds, aircraft, new environmentsystems.ini and flight.ini files, etc,etc. There will some files in this mix that might be really good and make things better. But there might be things I dont like in these files. So of course now I would have to mix and match a whole lot of files and change certain number values and God forbid wait for all the new flight models from Peter01blink.gif . If there is one thing I and others have learned here is you change one thing it messes up another. I just hope TK takes this all into consideration. I hope. We have all spent so much time adding things and fixing things that I think if the next Expansion Pack messes things up it might scare a bunch of people away. I dont think I would spend the same amount of time fixing things the second time around. Well , yeah I would.grin.gif It is kind of fun. Anyway back to the point, Yes back up your version of FE before installing anything. All of it.

Hi Quack74 I to have a heavily modded FE (thanks to kind people like you) what I do is back my install up before adding any mods so I can always go back but then a guy like you with your skills knows that any way.

Please no disrespect intended there mate.

Just a helping hand for "heavily modded FE" You, and of course everyone else, should use the Mod-enabler.

Find it here:

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html

If you get problems after installation of an Mod: Just deactivate and you are fine again. I could not imagine Silent Hunter 3 without this genial tool. But be aware most mods are not made for the enable so you have to give every mod the right filestructure!.

Best regards :drinks:

Well we all know the drill. Keep a clean copy or two on the HDD. Burn another one to disc. TK has consistantly in the past been known for tweaking all aspects of the game. Thing is, just a slight tweak requires requires a new file to replace the current in game version. Good thing is we usually get some nice upgrades in different areas of game play or graphics with the expansion packs. When is the next EP due anyway? ..........DAMMIT!!! I can't see the smilie faces.... >:(

.....gol danged new fangled fancy schmancy board software....just get used to something, somebody gotta come along and make it all different....BAH! HUMBUG!

:grin:

...found one... :drinks:

Hmmm...I guess I'm the only one that likes rebuilding from scratch every chance I get? :dntknw::grin:

It's really the flight models I'm worried about. All the other things can be fixed fairly easy. I have a lot of add-on planes that are not supported by ThirdWire and may be potentially useless. That would kill the game for me. Waiting a year again for a patch or another Exp Pack or even someone to use up all their free time to correct the flight models (like Peter01, God bless him), just would turn me off a bit and I'm sure some new users. Before Peter01's flight models I was going to quit FE. Too much work to do to get things right. Very very time consuming for a game. More fixing than playing. We're all lucky we have a whole bunch of great, smart people here that contribute their time to get things right. Cheers to you all. That's why I'm still here. To be honest, It becomes kind of fun to fix and alter things. It's addicting.

I don't know. Just give use some awsome planes.

Edited by quack74

Quack, I have to agree with you here. FE seems to be the most affected of all the TW sims after a patch, as the prop-based flight model was relatively new.

I have 138 Aircraft folders, and I'm guessing the vast majority of them (the mods) would be affected by any change in flight model, so I can only imagine Peter01's dismay with any changes after SO much hard work. It's a real tribute to him that he came through with flying colors last time. There are probably very few who would have done the same.

I'm 100% behind supporting TK with anything he produces, but it seems like a double-edged sword with FE patches.

It's a pîty you guys cannot log into their site.

The biggest problem i found is to actully get there as when you type "skunkworks" on google you don't find them.

Then i sent em a mail and got a response the day after. I downloaded TONS of good stuff, new planes and stuff. A game isn't just the same when you add all the planes they have. It makes it complete. They even have aircraft of the first days of WW1 with machine guns shooting to the side lol.

I downloaded all what was downloadable and saved all on my HD in case their site goes down/i would get banned.

Yes that's true some of their models have been hugely inspired of a professional dude doing plane models that granted them the autorisation. But who cares actually, their planes are wonderful.

I somehow figured that in the past, all their planes were available to download on combatace, but it looks like they had a rant with CA admins or whatever and they withdrawn all their work from here, which is quite unfortunate for us.

They also have tons of planes of other eras than WW1. This site is just a must go.

http://cplengineeringllc.com/SFP1/Skunworks1.html

Edited by nixarass

Interesting discussion. I suppose I have a little different take on the subject of add-ons. I don't see how its up to Thirdwire to worry about the compatibility of add-ons with their updates to their products. Should be the other way around. At some point a lot of add-ons that have been effectively abandoned by their "producers" won't be worth downloading. This would already be the case without outside help in some instances. Its not Thirdwire's problem. Its not "too bad" that TK is constantly updating and improving First Eagles. Its "too bad" that modders are not keeping up. Aircraft, in particular, are affected more than other mods as the flight model is an integral part of the mod itself. What good is an aircraft model without a useable flight model? Not much. Nuff said.

Nuf said? Hardly. Everyone who uses FE or any other Thirdwire sim has every right to be concerned about their add-ons. And not just the planes. A lot of us have contributed a lot of our time, including you Tailspin, to make this game what it is today and creating those add-ons. Terrains, effects, add-on planes, add-on ground objects, a whole lot of flight models, and a whole lot of skin work for the stock planes and add-ons. All done by people like us, the "user". I never said it was TK's problem, but, If you release a sim that is open to user modification, then you should be considerate in the work that the modders have done to make your game even better than the release, for free. Tk can and I'm sure will use all the users' (us) work to create the next EX Pack I'm sure. And why not? I'm sure nobody would mind that at all. It's all good stuff. What ever problems ThirdWire has had in the past with third party developers and their add-ons really shouldn't be our problem either. The fact is is there are a lot of people out there with those add-ons and have done so much work to keep them going and improving them. They contribute greatly to this sims success no doubt. I for one have done a lot of skin work to add some historical realism to those "add-on planes". And I would be pissed (pardon my English) to see them be rendered useless. Again.

I mean no disrespect at all towards ThirdWire or TK or even you Tailspin. I'm just voicing some concern about this Sim that I and others enjoy very much. What's wrong with that. I'm sure there are a hundred other guys out there that would write the same thing. "Nuf said"? My wife doesnt even talk to me that wayblink.gif . We have every right to complain about this topic. We're not exactly bitching and moaning here. You always get mad at me when I have a comment or a complaintdntknw.gif .

If you create an open game for users to mod and install add-ons and ultimately share those mods and add-ons, then keep in mined most users, new and old, will have a game full of mods and add-ons. Just like you and me.

Nuf said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grin.gif

I think the two basic problems TK has in taking into account all of the addons is that many of the addons are in direct competition with his own vision of the way these aircraft are supposed to fly, and, as Peter01 has pointed out, everything in this sim is interconnected. If TK changes something, even for the better, it changes connections all through the sim, and this breaks something else sometimes, especially flight models not based on his model for how they should fly. I'll be honest. I don't fly Peter01's flight models. I've tried. I don't like them. But that's just my personal preference and opinion, based on what I've read and what I've observed in real life. And that's the real point. When it comes to flight model and AI, it's really all just personal opinion, because, like everyone else here, I've spent over thirty years searching all the reading materials I can find to give me good hard aerodynamic evidence for how these planes actually flew, and what I've found wouldn't fill a dixie cup compared to WW2 and later. It's all subjective; "climbs like a monkey, dives like a stone," etc. Even Peter01 has admitted that his flight models and AI are all subjective, to suit his taste. And that's fine. He has his opinions, TK has his, I have mine.

So, I don't blame TK at all for staying true to his own vision. And when a new version comes out, I'll just quietly use the tools I have accumulated here at CombatAce (FM Tool, aerodynamic abbreviations and what they stand for, etc.) and a few I've created (MOI spreadsheet) to generate new FM's for my addon aircraft. And that way I can make them conform to my own opinions. Which is all they are. And to be honest, I can't wait to see what he comes up with next, because each new version adds something we haven't had before.

Nuf said? Hardly. Everyone who uses FE or any other Thirdwire sim has every right to be concerned about their add-ons. And not just the planes. A lot of us have contributed a lot of our time, including you Tailspin, to make this game what it is today and creating those add-ons. Terrains, effects, add-on planes, add-on ground objects, a whole lot of flight models, and a whole lot of skin work for the stock planes and add-ons. All done by people like us, the "user". I never said it was TK's problem, but, If you release a sim that is open to user modification, then you should be considerate in the work that the modders have done to make your game even better than the release, for free. Tk can and I'm sure will use all the users' (us) work to create the next EX Pack I'm sure. And why not? I'm sure nobody would mind that at all. It's all good stuff. What ever problems ThirdWire has had in the past with third party developers and their add-ons really shouldn't be our problem either. The fact is is there are a lot of people out there with those add-ons and have done so much work to keep them going and improving them. They contribute greatly to this sims success no doubt. I for one have done a lot of skin work to add some historical realism to those "add-on planes". And I would be pissed (pardon my English) to see them be rendered useless. Again.

I mean no disrespect at all towards ThirdWire or TK or even you Tailspin. I'm just voicing some concern about this Sim that I and others enjoy very much. What's wrong with that. I'm sure there are a hundred other guys out there that would write the same thing. "Nuf said"? My wife doesnt even talk to me that wayblink.gif . We have every right to complain about this topic. We're not exactly bitching and moaning here. You always get mad at me when I have a comment or a complaintdntknw.gif .

If you create an open game for users to mod and install add-ons and ultimately share those mods and add-ons, then keep in mined most users, new and old, will have a game full of mods and add-ons. Just like you and me.

Nuf said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!grin.gif

I think you've misunderstood. The "nuff said" comment was entirely about A/C and flight models. I'm trying to look at the big picture and the future. IMHO there isn't much future in 3rd party A/C that aren't useable in the latest version of the sim. Now we are reliant on a 4th party to make them work. What happens when no one steps up and does it again? The way I see it is the more A/C we get from TK, the better. The more patches and expansion packs, the better. I can play the stock sim and still enjoy it immensely. As Heck points out we don't just get a couple of A/C for each side and a new terrain. There are always lots of other enhancements included with Thirdwire updates. TK has to make a product that is good enough to stand on its own. I don't know how many people buy the sim and never add a thing except expansion packs, but I would think it is a significant number. I think modders tend to lose that perspective. He has left it open for modding for our enjoyment. No doubt he profits from that, but making every change costs time and money. I think we get our fair share of attention from Thirdwire. :dntknw:

Yep. Modding for this type of sim can be a frustrating PITA. But then...you're the one who got yourself into this mess. :grin:

I apologize if I have offended you. That was not my intent.

I'd really love to have a Pfalz in the sim (or a Pup, Snipe...), but I never give out so much private data on the internet as they are requesting on their site. It's a shame that most aircraft available over there seem to be "off limits" for other addon makers, so that there is no second Pfalz around anywhere.