Sign in to follow this  
TheCameraGuy

More Immersive Feel?

Hi everyone! Recently i was wondering... and realised that when viewing a plane in the [F10] mode, there isn't any sort of 'fly-by' sound. So i thought it would be more awesome and immersive if there are sounds for plane fly-bys.

As far as i know, there will be some dll. editing needed to make the plane produce its own fly-by sound. It would be great if anyone is interested in this.

Thanks!

Maybe it's something wrong with your sound but I get engine sounds when doing F10...

Hmm, i don't think so, because i do get engine sounds, but they don't seem to have that 'unique' fly-by sound, like you know, maybe on FSX or even youtube, when you see those jets flying by - the low jet rumbles can always be heard.

If you mean the doppler effect, I hear it just fine on a stock install.

FC

yup i think that's what it's called... the low rumble lingers long after the jet has passed by. is there any way to enhance the effect other than turning up the bass volume?

Ah yes, something like that. That external engine sound is what i'm looking for. and yes, i can hear the rumble too. here's what i meant. <BR><BR>[EDIT] oops sorry, it was in mp3 format.

Edited by TheCameraGuy

alright sorry, scratch that last post. what i meant was the type of fly-by sound you can hear in The Recordist website. or maybe someone can edit the dll. so that there will be a separate fly-by sound.

The fly-by sound is nothing more than a doppler-compressed or lengthed version of the engine souund .wav file (or combined engined & afterburner sounds, if applicable). The series is hardcoded to use whichever engine sound is in use by a particular model....so you cannot have a separate fly-by sound, as you can with engine, afterburners, or internal "wind" sounds.

All sounds used in this series are 11025 Hz, 16-bit monoaural .wav files, by default. You can edit the samplerate, right on up to 44100 Hz (and possibly higher), and use either an 8 or a 16-bit format. But, you can never, never use more than single channel (mono) encoding.

I see. So i guess I'll just have to tweak my audio settings then. Thanks a lot for the help you guys. :)