Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

Work in progress : Railyards

Some new pics taken by Makai showing off the splendid new improved Railyards.

Makai did the first reccy to find the where problems were, and Winder spent many tedious hours aligning and updating each one, manually flying to each one to correct by 0.1 degree or whatever.

post-7478-12533737570617_thumb.jpg

Looking good like always thanks Pol.

bravo now if it willbe possable to select them as targats inmission builder that would be the cats meow ill defintly volunteer to check these things out before relase if you all want

Imagine That ! . . a RR yard WITH tracks. Could the tracks actually be used for navigation purposes, or are they ONLY in the vicinty of the station ?

They look damn good anyway clapping.gif

Hello Uncleal

This was a very tedious and time consuming project. First WM gave me the Lat-Long of all the wayward Railyards out in fields and forest, some miles from any tracks. There were about 53 of them. I would start at the nearest airfield and locate the railyard then fly around until I found a suitable rail line then I would have to line up as strait as possible and touch down to get a Lat-Long, altitude, and heading. I then gave the list to WM and he nearly drove himself to the loonie bin placeing a Railyard on each position then making multiple visits the line them up perfectly with the tracks.

You will now be able to embark on a Railyard attack mission and follow the tracks to the target.

Makai

• Like 1

Thanks very much! :drinks:

Out of ignorance I ask - is it impossible to design the railyard with its turnouts from the main line rather than 3 parallel but separate tracks?

-Ben

Yes they are now aligned to the railways so you can follow them. A long tedious job to do that unfortunately but done now.

Not sure re mission making SJ, I don't know much about that side.

Ben, we can keep improving/adding for a long time, but for now these are the new railyards as you see above.

Wow! This is terribly exciting. Who knew you guys were doing this and here it is so far along. And then you share the information with us. That's rather nice. The best keeps getting better. I dare wonder what else is going on but I'm not asking. Seems a lot of hard work went into this one. Thank you sincerely, Jim

P.S., as you know, you guys are the best!

Very nice. It will great to be able to find these by following the tracks. Another jump in reality/immersion. Nice work guys!!

That looks very good! Uncle Al will load up some rockets again soon.

And the greedy OFF Vampire in me comes out now to ask/beg:

Will it be possible some day, to present some of the well documented

airfields as they really looked?

For example Roucourt field, with the triangular wood and the castle?

stump, if they put them in the global layer the same way you put your rr yards in italy, then they will be able to be set as goal objects.

Would be nice if they knew how you did yours.....

Presumeably too, because thestation is on a line, every now and then there's going to be a random train actually chuffin' through the station. Outstanding. Thomas the Tank Engine eat your heart out. clapping.gif

I have a feeling that you shouldn't be giving us - your clients and users - all this extra stuff for free. I would be prepared to pay for these things. I have found in life that anything that is free is considered of little worth. Make the buggers pay and then they will appreciate it. (I include myself as one of the buggers, of course).

(As you lot owe me $10 I should get the upgrade for free, of course :grin: )

Tut. Not really good enough is it? I expected full integration with Microsoft Train Simulator by Phase 3 and here you are offering a paltry uplift to the Railyard graphics. I want my money back. I was really looking forward to to the adrenaline rush of driving a train full of munitions though a Railyard under attack from the air but all I get to do is fly chuffin' planes. 'Over Flanders Fields' my a**, you can't go over Flanders fields, you can only fly above them! Umpteen patches in and you stil haven't got the core game right! :good:

Edited by Dej

Those are too cool. Now I might actually be able to locate them when assigned to bomb one.

Shhhhhh. Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting choo choo twain depots. WOOK! Twacks!"

Cheeas!

Wou

Just got around to getting the Gotha into my pc. Nice big bombs she carries and a nice bombsight. Now these plump and juicy railyards are somewhere/sometime down the track. Sounds like a recipe for diaster! Oh my, carnage! I can see some kind mission modder getting all creative with all these goodies.

As usual, excellent work, guys! good.gif

We've got the best here, no doubt about it.

Guest British_eh

Hi there: Thanks to Pol and Makai for this great additon.

Question: How and when would it be available?

Question: Are their any RR Stn's in towns?

Question: Can there be scheduled trains to ply the tracks on a predictable basis? The English trains were mostly on time, however if you add RR Stn's to Italy, I would think they would all run late?no.gif

Cheers,

British_eh

Hello Makai

The railroad yards a beautiful with all the station structures and out-buildings. You have not answered Ben C's previous question about the railline switches/turnouts. Is it possible to visually tie the parellel tracks together with a rail switch graphic just to make it appear the sidings are tied into the mainline? These do not need to be functional, just visual.

OlPaint01

pol as far as going to have the show up in mb they defintly have to be enalbed to do so in the global layers i do know that, you al might try you hand at it jsut to see if they do or dont as it is right now i belive it is only rail marshalling yard 55 that will show up

sitting dduck may correct me ont he exact number of it tho

Hello Makai

The railroad yards a beautiful with all the station structures and out-buildings. You have not answered Ben C's previous question about the railline switches/turnouts. Is it possible to visually tie the parellel tracks together with a rail switch graphic just to make it appear the sidings are tied into the mainline? These do not need to be functional, just visual.

OlPaint01

Hello OlPaint01

That is a question for WM. I just scouted for appropriate sections of track to put the railyards on, WM created the new rail depots and painstakingly placed them on my positions. I can't speak for WM, but after the hours of effort he has put into this I would say the rail yards are fixed for now.

Cheers

Makai