Sign in to follow this  
cptroyce

Aerodrome Pictures

Nice one cptroyce it's interesting to see them from the air. drinks.gif

Interesting finding...and in french, i love that ! grin.gif

(if you need some help for translating i would be happy to help).

You can find, in th others parts of this site, the history of some french squadrons, their insignia, their aircrafts, aces, logistical organisation, and a lot of interesting stuff for all of us. Thanks for sharing. drinks.gif

Fascinating how close 'Terrain de la ferme Râperie de Saint-Amand' seems to be to a major trench works in the area of the Somme. There must be a lot more to that story...

What a cracking find.

I'm sure there must shed loads more aerial photographs of the front, hidden away somewhere. The front itself must been an incredible sight.

Awesome. That is very, very useful indeed. Thanks. :good:

Guest British_eh

Good job olde chap.

Cheers,

British_eh

Fascinating how close 'Terrain de la ferme Râperie de Saint-Amand' seems to be to a major trench works in the area of the Somme. There must be a lot more to that story...

What a cracking find.

I'm sure there must shed loads more aerial photographs of the front, hidden away somewhere. The front itself must been an incredible sight.

I had the same though while seeing this aerial photograph...but remember the front was moving a lot at the end of the war. The trenches we can see on the photograph were probably not used any more at this time and the real frontline miles away from the "aerodrome". I hope so for the french ground team. grin.gif

Which rather begs the question: why don't we have more pilots in France?