Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Has this happen to U?

yess.gif Took my Jasta 3 pilot up in the newly issued Albatross D-3. Found a 3 a/c flight of FE2Bs. Singaled attack then circled behind my flight of 2 wingmates they lined up on the right two a/c in a V of three. My pilot Otto Von Bismark lined up on the left added power came abreast of his wingmates a/c and opened up on the FE2B to his front 43 rds latter I took 12 hits in my right wing, Broke left nosed down for speed and looked around not a e/a in the sky behind me. My own wing mates were the guilty ones. I was shot up by them . They must have swung left behind me firing as they went. at the left most FE2b in the Vee. All without a by your leave.drinks.gif

Yuppers, I've been shot by my own wingies on more than one occasion carrick58. It's usually best just to keep out of their way when they get the blood lust in 'em.

Cheers!

Lou

If your flight has rockets and you're attacking a ground target, it's best not to lead them in for the same reason.focus.gif

Over-zealous wingmen will also shoot each other and will ram you on occasion, besides shoot you.

To avoid wingmen shooting each other, you often should give the S command before ordering them to attack, so they approach the target at different angles. To avoid them doing something to you, it's best to let them go in first or use the R and H commands instead of telling them to attack.

Over-zealous wingmen will ...ram you on occasion

Tell me about it

In P2 Udet flew down on top of me on Nov 10th 1918!!!

Wasn't his historical day but was my last virtual one angry.gif

It was clearly my shot too

I'd chased that Se 1/2 way round the sky before he clobbered me

Tell me about it

In P2 Udet flew down on top of me on Nov 10th 1918!!!

Udet's not safe to fly around. IIRC from reading his book, somewhere about that time in real life he rammed a Camel. Fortunately for him, he had just been issued with a parachute.

Udet's not safe to fly around. IIRC from reading his book, somewhere about that time in real life he rammed a Camel. Fortunately for him, he had just been issued with a parachute.

Sure sounds like a fanatic eh?

Correctly modeled I might add

Udet wasn't like that often, Duce - he wouldn't have survived the whole war

with that attitude. But a German actress, who knew him well, said about Udet,

that he had more than one guardian angels - and that others in his seat would

have been dead a hundred times.

Might be true - not many made the whole war time and survived it.

Just a little frustration there Olham

Nov 10th!!! I was already planning my barnstorming career

Funny how P2 scraps/careers still stick in the mind