Sign in to follow this  
KanoneFodder

How Do I bind a throttle conrtol?

I just purchased a Logitech G940 Flight System and can't figure out how to get the throttle to work in OFF {BHAH}. I tried to bind it using the in-game utility, but with no success. One of the dial buttons {R1} did actually contol the speed, but the throttle itself won't respond. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

KanoneFodder,

I don't own this system, so I'm only guessing. but it might be accessible through the in-game menu. Make sure your controller is plugged in and accepted/recognized by windows. Launch OFF, go to quick combat, any setting, just so you got an aircraft on the grass.

Hit "Escape" and a drop-down menu appears on the top right of your screen. Click on "Controls".

I'm sorry to cut off right there, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Look for game controllers in the drop down menu in there. With any luck you'll see your controller there.

Hope that helps. Maybe others who own that system can help you more. In the meantime, I suggest you mess about in there.

IF you do find your controller, and then you "Add Assignment", then click on "Save as", remember...you MUST save this file as "Mine" (without the quotation marks) or it won't work.

KanoneFodder,

I don't own this system, so I'm only guessing. but it might be accessible through the in-game menu. Make sure your controller is plugged in and accepted/recognized by windows. Launch OFF, go to quick combat, any setting, just so you got an aircraft on the grass.

Hit "Escape" and a drop-down menu appears on the top right of your screen. Click on "Controls".

I'm sorry to cut off right there, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Look for game controllers in the drop down menu in there. With any luck you'll see your controller there.

Hope that helps. Maybe others who own that system can help you more. In the meantime, I suggest you mess about in there.

IF you do find your controller, and then you "Add Assignment", then click on "Save as", remember...you MUST save this file as "Mine" (without the quotation marks) or it won't work.

The Joystick was recognized by the game however when you try to map the throttle movement the game doesn't recognize the movement of the actual throttle itself. Thanks for the suggestion Check Six, though. Anyone else? Would this be something i could get Support from the developer team about?

I'm in the same boat here - the G940 reconises CFS3 and loads a default profile but can I hell as like get the control utility to recognise either one of the throttles. I've attempted to assign the right hand throttle to 'Throttle' in the G940 CFS3 profile just in case two throttles were confusing the game but nothing appears to work.

Definatley need some help here.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Edited by Vasco

im curious too....lol

did a google on this,,and it came up with nothing....

going to assume from vasco's post, that you have a utility running in the background for this joystick...

and not sure if you are trying to assign throttle for the game thru this utility, or thru the "controls" section of bhah.....

I opened up my controls section in bhah, and from the "event catagory" drop down selected "axis", and under event scrolled to the bottom and found the throttle axis...when i dbl clicked it,,,and it asked me to asign an axis,,,i moved my rudder, and naturaly it told me that axis was already assigned,,so i just hit cancel..

is this the way your are trying it? and if so,,when you move the throttle,,,does it say you have assigned throttle to this axis,,,and you say ok,,,and save etc,,etc,,but it just wont take?

if so, im curious,,,when you assign the axis to throttle,,,it will show something like "throttle slider", or "throttle axis" assigned to throttle.....if you close the game,,,and restart,,,and go back to controls...is the assignment you just made still there,,,or did it dissapear....

and, wondering if maybe you have to disable,,or kill the logtech utility,,,and make all your assignments thru the bhah control section....

so damn vasco,,,how have you been doing throttle,,,,the keyboard????

Well, I tried to follow Uncleal's instructions and no luck. Actually it's WORSE {LOL}. I now have a situation where the throttle randomly starts working and failing, as well as the plane seems to slew to the right upon takeoff in campaign mode. I tried a Quick Combat mission that started at 5,000 feet and the plane immediately stalled, with the throttle randomly responding and failing. A few seconds later the plane whipped into a right-handed spin and crashed. The only thing I could count on was that this continued to happen over the next 5 attempted flights. I reset the controls as Uncleal suggested, even re-calibrated several times-no improvement. I'm sick because This G940 wasn't cheap and I cashed in all my brownie points with the wife to get it. You have no idea of the grief I'm getting about the "Great New System" I had to have so I could enjoy this game! I don't want to believe that NONE of the system components will work. I'll ask again; does anyone think that the support folks for this game can help? I hate to give up on it- I've been waiting on a program like this since the old "RED BARON" game from Dynamix.

I'll give it a try...... was anxious about doing that because I wondered whether it might affect other programs. Guess it couldn't hurt to try. Thanks for the automixture info- hadn't got that far yet,LOL.

Edited by KanoneFodder

We can't add more than what is in the FAQ regarding controllers, and rudders etc, or by checking with the software from the manufacturer. We can't add "support" for it (we don't have one anyway).

I just purchased a Logitech G940 Flight System and can't figure out how to get the throttle to work in OFF {BHAH}. I tried to bind it using the in-game utility, but with no success. One of the dial buttons {R1} did actually contol the speed, but the throttle itself won't respond. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

KanoneFodder,

Cracked it! For the game to recognise each of the seperate G940 controllers in-game, you first have to delete the default axes settings for each individual controller (stick, thottle and rudder). You then select each controller in turn in the config utility and assign the axes you want to function on that particular controller.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Great stuff, thanks for reporting back the fix. That's covered in the FAQ btw Q8. About half way down the answer under

"That didn't help, but you are using two controllers to fly OFF (example here X52 and CH pedals) then :"

Here is your definative answer with the Logitech G940.

I had many of the same problems, and wanted to post some of my observations with this new flight system.

Because this system has so many axises and additional buttons, the default settings (or even your current settings) cause a whole new series of issues.

Basically, you have to start from scratch to get this all right, because otherwise engine control is impossible with constant cut out and loss of control.

FIRST, make sure you have selected the controller assignments under the G940 Throttle, not joystick or pedals in the options menu (in game).

NEXT, you have to map TWO throttles to your flight controls within the sim.

Use Throttle Axis 1 for the split right axis

Use Throttle Axis 2 for the split left axis.

DELETE throttle AXIS below Throttle Axis 4.

NEXT, make sure there are no others axises mapped for the throttle.

I found by default aerlion pitch was mapped to Axis X, which caused the aircraft to nose down out of control.

You will have to delete this as well. It will not change joystick configuration.

Also, a word on the pedals.

By default, the toe breaks are also mapped to an axis in this game by default(an Axis Y of sorts).

If you do not delete this as well, every time you use the pedals with both feet firmly planted, versus bass drum style "heel up" method, the plane will go into wild spins due to tail pitch.

At first, I thought this was the flight model, particularly with the Sopwith Camel. However, since I have actually flown one of these birds, I knew something was not right. After these tweaks are fixed, you can then resume basic flight, or make button changes to match your preference.

I know this is complicated, but I guess you should expect this based on the level of control you get with the system.

Personally, I am very impressed with the force feedback and centering spring effects of the Logitech G940. During takeoff and landing your can feel the pull of the aircraft, the ground interference and bumps, and the gyroscopic effects quite well. Feels the guns fire, is a nice effect as well. Definately worth the money to replace my aging CH Products.

Thanks guys, if I get chance I'll the info specifically to the FAQ.

The_Black_Knight, you flew a real Camel? How does it feel to you in sim?

I have the same problem and still can't get it to work! when I move one or both of the main-throttle it doesn't recognize it, when I move another wheel on the throttle it recognizes it well. This is for throttles 1-4 and for the main-throttle.

Another problem is, that I can't callibrate the throttle after I started OFF - I have to reinstall the driver again to calibrate it, but OFF doesn't recognize the movement - other games do recognize the throttle. Help!!