Sign in to follow this  
Navy81

WOE or SF2 Europe?

Hey folks,

I'm new to this forum, so I beg your indulgence if i have missed a previous post on the subject. Wondering on thoughts as to which way to go on purchase - Wings Over Europe or Strike Fighters 2 Europe. I have 2 rigs - one Vista (8mb RAM, quad core Phenom, 2 Nvidia GT9600) which i use primarily for FSX, and one XP (4mb RAM, Core 2 duo, single Nvidia GT9600) which i run both FSX, FS9, and WOV (YAP2).

I read that there is a Desert Storm mod in the works for SF2E (a mod to the one already created for WOE) - which I would definitely want, but can be patient in waiting for if necessary.

Thanks.

Deke

Navy81

I'm very surprised you're running vista with 8mb of ram??! Hope that's a typo.

Falcon

Hi there,

TK is on record as saying that the SF2/SF2:V/SF2:E/and SF2:I series are simply updated versions of the SFP1/WoV/WoE/WoI series, with native compatibility for Vista, upgraded cockpits, improved 3d models, improved shader support etc etc. Also, the SF2 series have an improved file structure which make modding a whole lot simpler. Add to that, that patch support/updates/new releases are geared towards the SF2 series, there is really no contest.

So, SF2 series is the way to go. The makers of the Desert Storm mod have said it will be updated for SF2 series, same thing with a lot of existing mods. It may take a little time, but most folks will update their stuff for SF2 sooner or later.

Welcome aboard, have fun :drinks:

All,

Thanks for the quick replies. SF2E it is!

BTW, yes the rigs are 8gb and 4gb RAM respectively. Late night & fat finger conspiracy going on there.

All the best, and Cheers.

Deke

Navy81

All,

Thanks for the quick replies. SF2E it is!

BTW, yes the rigs are 8gb and 4gb RAM respectively. Late night & fat finger conspiracy going on there.

All the best, and Cheers.

Deke

Navy81

:haha: Good. :good: I had to admit though, if it was true, I was a bit curious.

Falcon