Sign in to follow this  
Olham

1. Brisfit killed without my engine being hit

Today I shot down my first Brifit, that did NOT hit my engine!

I had ordered my wingmen to attack it, and came in for the kill.

The rear gunner had three craft to fire at, and I was lucky - I was not his choice.

I think I shot him, cause after my second approach, he didn't seem to fire back

at all. (See: Screenshots)

Great to make the experience, that they are no "wizards".

Nice to know Sir! I will try your tactics when it comes to this!

itifonhom

Outstanding work Olham! good.gif

Always happy to hear when 1 of those brutes takes a thrashing

How did you make your approach?

Flying with Jasta 4 I hope?

DL: How did you make your approach? Flying with Jasta 4 I hope?

Not yet, Duce. I'm flying with Jasta 26 first, cause I just learned I had a relative there; Hans Jeschonnek.

We are based at Wasquehal, 1. May 1918. A lot going on there; the British have built Brisfits and Camels

in masses, and we have a very hard stand. I have now made 4 sorties with them, but did all the right

things so far - even killed a Bristol Fighter!

I was lucky it was seperated from the rest; my wings had shot down his wingman, before I reached them.

Now they chased the other, and so I was one of four craft. The rear gunner couldn't fire at all of us.

So I let my wings get nearer. He was stump jumping at very low altitude and had no time and space for

a climb. My first two hits where from 600 feet distance.

Coming out of a full turn to approach him again, I found him banked to the left, in a 30 degree climb, and

very close. I could look into the cockpits and fired into pilot and gunner from their above so to say.

After that, there was no more rear gunnery. I flew another full circle to approach again. The F2b merely

crawled across the lawn ahead of me, showing her undefended back, and the rest was nothing heroic.

PS: Are you with Bullet there already, at Jasta 4? How is it, when artillery rocks you to sleep?

Edited by Olham

Excellent work Herr Olham! See, it can be done, but its sort of like picking fleas off of a porcupine.....done with extreme care and precision. I prefer diving head on attacks for those little nasties. Just last night however, me and the boys blundered into a whole mess of 'em over the front lines. We all attacked and went our seperate ways, me back to a friendly field with two in pursuit, where we exchanged rounds and then the party was over and everyone left, they to thier warm beds, and me to mine, me however, with a much more ventilated right wing plane to boot. As a rule of thumb, I never attack a bunch of these unless I have a good upper hand, and even then with discretion.

ZZ.

drinks.gif Again, salute!

Edited by zoomzoom

PS: Are you with Bullet there already, at Jasta 4? How is it, when artillery rocks you to sleep?

Well at least there are no mosquitos here

...they've all been blown outta the sky!!! rofl.gif

I've done the last few test flights here

Bullett was spot on in his analysis

AC everywhere, Archie snappin at your heels on take-off

So far I've been able to do my climb outs and warp but there's always multiple HA flights

Nice job on that Brisfit

Very impressive

And none of you approaches seem to be from below

Duce: Nice job on that Brisfit. Very impressive. And none of you approaches seem to be from below.

No, there was no trick. The Brisfit was very low already, when I got there; my wings where fighting

the craft at about 300 - 400 feet only - there was no way to get underneath it.

But that is anyway mostly impossible with a Brisfit - when you try that, they perform evasive moves

like banking and turning left, so that the gunner can fire at you. Or they pull up steep, and the gunner

showers you with hot lead.

The only "trick" here was, that I had ordered all wings to attack him, and he can't fire at 3 or 4 craft.

Still though: had he chosen me, I would have been damaged again.