Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Germans to the front !

Seeing there is a German language section here in the Combat Ace Forum, I have just written an invitation

for German users about Over Flanders Fields, in the hope to introduce it to Germans.

I have offered there, to answer questions as far as my time allows, and I would be glad, if any other

German speaking people here could join me there and add info and knowledge from time to time.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=47469&view=findpost&p=341857

A nice post indeed Olham. I got aware of OFF from a german magazine you propably know, FS Magazine. I don't know if you read this review but I got the impression that many Germans could have problems with the interface of OFF, being all in English. I found it really simple but reading this review I was waiting some complicated things. On the other hand, I speak a lot better English than German. Maybe it is a good idea to inform our fellow german speakers that it's not that difficult after all.

itifonhom

Nice one. Let us hope that 'Jasta Olham' (or should that be 'Olham atsaJ') brings many recruits to the skies 'Over Flanders Fields'

Edited by Dej

So, the Bordeaux Red Baron is recruiting for the Kaiser now. No suprise as our future Blue Max recipient is a dedicated sort. The best kind of German it seems and an Ace among aces.

Would be Jasta Mahlo then, as my in-sim-name is mostly Mahlo. But only Boelcke received that honour,

that a Jasta was named after him. Richthofen only got that in WW2, but not in his lifetime, as far as I know.

Thanks a lot, Rickity! Yes, rekruitink for der Kaiser - buy OBD war bondz, ewrrybody! :salute:

A nice post indeed Olham. I got aware of OFF from a german magazine you propably know, FS Magazine. I don't know if you read this review but I got the impression that many Germans could have problems with the interface of OFF, being all in English. I found it really simple but reading this review I was waiting some complicated things. On the other hand, I speak a lot better English than German. Maybe it is a good idea to inform our fellow german speakers that it's not that difficult after all.

itifonhom

Parrma and I are working on this... as we are biased! :salute: You might see more German langauge, as well as French, in upcoming additions... or the next phase. It all depends on how Winder wants to approach this... but the team is dedicated to putting you at the desk, in the war, fighting as you would have in WWI as best we can!

OvS

Seeing there is a German language section here in the Combat Ace Forum, I have just written an invitation

for German users about Over Flanders Fields, in the hope to introduce it to Germans.

I have offered there, to answer questions as far as my time allows, and I would be glad, if any other

German speaking people here could join me there and add info and knowledge from time to time.

http://forum.combata...ndpost&p=341857

Olham, this is not only a fantastic offering, but a very honorable one. We thank you for doing this and really appreciate it. It's important that all walks of life, regardless of creed, language or belief that are interested in OFF enjoy OFF... as it has a lot of history for everyone!

Olham, this is not only a fantastic offering, but a very honorable one. We thank you for doing this and really appreciate it. It's important that all walks of life, regardless of creed, language or belief that are interested in OFF enjoy OFF... as it has a lot of history for everyone!

Well said Otto

Nice job Olham clapping.gif

OvS, Winder, Pol and Team - if you should ever think of doing an alternative workshop panel

in German, which the player could switch over to use, I offer you my help in getting all the words

right. The same for in-sim German text like "Wetterbericht" (not: Wetterschriftsatz - that's wrong).

Gremlin, thanks for the reminder. My problem is, I can't fight on too many fronts, if I want to be in

our forum AND do some flying in my spare time. And if anyone starts there, he should come back

there regularly.

If there are German users here, who would help with it, I would be willing to answer questions in

your "Wings of Honour" site, too; but not all alone.

So: who would help OFF with that?

Edited by Olham

Gremlin, thanks for the reminder. My problem is, I can't fight on too many fronts, if I want to be in

our forum AND do some flying in my spare time. And if anyone starts there, he should come back

there regularly.

If there are German users here, who would help with it, I would be willing to answer questions in

your "Wings of Honour" site, too; but not all alone.

So: who would help OFF with that?

I was not thinking that you should do that. It is just a reminder that there is information in German already available for new German users as a start.

Well, I speak German but it's not my native language and I'm not that perfect on this. But I am surely understandable, no doubt. I could help if I can, although I am rather new to this aim myself and I'm sure for the work in the interface, you are much more qualified for this Olham. I took notice of the small german mistakes in the current interface but found it pretty sweet!

itifonhom

Yes, like Hollywood Deunglish so to say.

Iti, if you would also check the German post I made, from time to time, and conribute something,

that would be fine. Or you could also check Gremlin's "Wings of Honour" website and see, if you

can do something there?

But of course Olham, why not? I'm going to put both in my favorites and check them as regular as I can.

itifonhom

i'll check of course every now and then too. maybe a sticky with a direct link to it?

hollywood german is quite funny and it's kind of sweet it's also like that in BHAH (aufmerksamkeit jede...). i don't think in movies they do in on purpose. like in indiana jones or other movies sometimes the german is even quite uber. i noticed the german zeppelin guy and friend of the brits in hell's angels even spoke more dutch than german.