Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

I'd hate to be a Venezuelan

Venezuela threatens to fine cable TV is 'A Family Guy' does not go off the air

Minister of Justice says that the program encourages the use of marijuana.

Hugo Chávez is preparing new regulations for the sector

Venezuelan authorities plan to fine companies for cable TV who refuseto stop displaying the animated series "A Family Guy." Justice MinisterTarek El Aissami said the program has to be taken down for encouragingthe use of marijuana.

El Aissami felt insulted by arecent episode where the characters of the program start a campaign forthe legalization of drugs. He said on Thursday (24), that the TVnetworks that transmit cable "A Family Guy" can be fined by theofficial regulator of telecommunications in Venezuela.

President Hugo Chávez is preparing new regulations on cable TV. Amongother rules, operators may be required to transmit the common speech ofthe president.

http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/PopArte/0,,MUL1317967-7084,00.html

its_peanut_butter_jelly_time_from_f.gif

what a funnyless country :bye:

Edited by Silverbolt

I find it pretty funny considering that not only is Venezuela a key area in the Narco shipping biz, but Chavez basically cut off all cooperation to international Law Enforcement a few years ago.

Not terribly surprising. Alot of countries ban shows, movies and games because of either drug content, sex or violence.

US used to be the same way not being allowed to show people drinking alcohol.

Not terribly surprising. Alot of countries ban shows, movies and games because of either drug content, sex or violence.

US used to be the same way not being allowed to show people drinking alcohol.

oh well, here too but it used to be AGES ago....offocourse, i think in US still with all that Moralist and Puritan BS, but its more liberal than ever...

oh, and BTW, its Family Guy, its sacred!:clapping:

It is not a matter of morality. Chavez will hold any excuse to close down any TV opposing him

you have the internet: http downloads, ftp servers, eMule, Torrents... what's the problem? rofl.gif

No Place for fun in Venezuela... :blink:

Sad for the Venezuelian people.

A good scale for the effectiveness of a gov't is the magnitude of the issues it tackles.

Going after a TV station for showing a satirical cartoon shows just how ineffective Venezuela has become. They can't do anything substantive, so let's demonize the US to try and create an enemy for the people to rally around and let's also attack one of their CARTOONS.

Well, in Ecuador there was such BS as well, but this time against the Simpson´s, the lefty government (and inside Chavez influence) complained to a local tv station that aired the show at noon, deemed it "unsuitable for such time segment" and tried to make it move to midnight, or worst, ban the show.

As it turned out, Homer begged Mr. Burns to bribe some of the local censorship officials and presto!, now you got not just 1 episode but 2 before the noon news...with a midnight rerun...

...bottom line..someone in Venezuela is looking for some xmass cash...

Best regards

Prowler

I just forgot how good is live in a free contry :lol: Poor venezuelans, equatorians et all..

i usually Watch Family Guy @ 13pm during the lunch at FX,couldn't be better, i hate to watch good shows at night.

hate these chavist block, btw.