Hey guys, first time posting. i need some help

OK so here the scoop.

I have lockon and lockonFC, awhile back i had FC on my computer and it worked great, but then i uninstalled it because i never played it, now when i go to try and install it i get ERROR CODE 3 when it starts extracting files. i have Lockon installed successfully and it runs great, I WANT FC BACK AGAIN!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Haven't heard that one before, try posting this at lockon.ru, that's the game developers forums.

Haven't heard that one before, try posting this at lockon.ru, that's the game developers forums.

thanks! i did that..... grr this just pisses me off!

i forgot to mention im on XP home pro with ATI/RADEON card

You probably don't have another one lying around, but if you do I'd try installing it from another DVD/CD drive. Just a thought.

I have a CD/DVD drive on the top of my tower and then i have a DVD drive in the bottom of the tower, will it work install it off of the DVD drive???

It should, there's never been a DVD drive made that didn't read CDs.

Im no joy, i tried using the DVD drive, same error (error code 3), my CD is hardly scratched, maybe get it cleaned? maybe thats all thats wrong?

It's possible the disk is indeed damaged in some way. The ultimate test would be to try and install it on another PC somewhere to see if it's something in your PC itself (which has been known to happen) or if it's the CD.

It's possible the disk is indeed damaged in some way. The ultimate test would be to try and install it on another PC somewhere to see if it's something in your PC itself (which has been known to happen) or if it's the CD.

nope... i cleaned it (well took it in and they cleaned it) and same error code (code 3) and i cant get access to another computer to try it out on..... is there anyway i can get a replacement if i send mine in? or maybe if i send my disc in i can get a download code?? this is making me angry!

Only thing I've seen about error code 3 was a corrupted DL of the DL version of FC, not a CD version.