Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

Custom Skins Missions

while back ago, stump figured out how to make it possible for everyone to fly with custom skins. Other than a couple of test missions he made up, we have not taken advantage of this.

as of now, only 2 planes are available for this, the alb_dlll and fokker dvll, but im sure the proceedure he used for these planes could be applied to any others.

wanted to know how much interest there was out there for flying sessions using custom skins.

it would involve the following steps..

interested pilots would have to find a skin they wanted to use for their plane, and attach it to a post.

after much painful attempts,,i have finally found an installer that would let me put all the skins into a package.

everyone flying that session would have to d/l the package, and install it. This would mean that everyone gets to see what everyone else is flying.

some fun missions using the planes available would have to be made,,,,or,,,,some missions already made up would have to be modified so that they make the skins planes available for selecting.

well..fiqured out how to make the ac planes flyable,,,now all i gotta go is figure out how to get the various skins in there........

duck that would involve makeing standalones and makeing sure the ppl flyignhave them or there willbe mismatches

Yes ... Im in for this any time. I would need to know what planes to have customed out. I have a few of my faves like the Camel and the Albs ready but not much else.

Just let me know and I will send some skins for myself. :salute:

It sounds ideal.

Let me know what needs to be written into the mission files to enable this and I'll do it.

Vasco :pilotfly:

We tried this before! Stumper made custom skins for my personal aircraft abut no one could see it but me if they didn't have my file. If this new way works we need to have a good up to date place to get the new aircraft from. If you think we have problems now with mismatches - OH BOY!

I am interested but the interest in this was also brought up by me and Stump months ago with very little interest. If there is enough interest and it doesn't die on the vine like alot of other ideas brough up then lets go for it.

lol..yeah,,know what you mean about ideas dying on the vine fro,,,

sorry for the delay in gettting back to this topic, but had to tie up some loose ends,,and got started working on the mp problems with the n17lewis (total waste of time so far..)

but to see just how far interest lies..will set aside next friday nite (the 23rd) for a simple test session. This is strickyly for mp sessions and has nothing to do with sundays sessions.

just to let pilots know what they might be getting into...

skins are completly optional..if you have the skins everyone is flying with, you will see them,,if you dont, you will not. it will not cause mismatches if you do not have them, and will not cause a mismatch if you do have them and leave them installed and are joining other mp sessions.

if you leave the custome skins installed, you may encounter a single player scenario where the game is calling for a plane that has a custome skin, and therefore you will see the custom skin. For those pilots that do NOT want this to occur, i will have a utility that restores the planes that we modified back to stock skins. I had wanted to make a utilty that just restored all the planes to default, but it would be over 2 gig in size, and thats over the limit for a cab file (not to mention a bitch to download)

anyone with interest, upload 2 skins for the same plane to here http://bhah.homeip.net:192/ the inbox folder has a upload button. Please make sure the skin you are uploading CLEARLY defines what plane the skin is designed for. If it doesnt, rename it so i know what plane its for. For a test session i will not attempt to make planes for anyone specific,,ie,,,everyone takes a plane,,and what they end up with is a surprise..

do NOT upload skins for the n17lewis,,,either of the stutters, and the sopworth2gun tripe.

Hi Stump, i've already sent you the Pflaz' shark' do you need another different skin for the Pflaz?

Hi Stump, i've already sent you the Pflaz' shark' do you need another different skin for the Pflaz?

yea re send it dog please and ill get it worked out for you so we can get it ready for ou once you get thats lovley ace status