Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Any SAAF Fans out there?

One more reaching the final stages... This was done by overpainting the original files that the F1C came with, as I'd forgotten I already had Sony Tuckson's template on my HD. Clever!

I'll upload it later this week. Got a lot of stuff to upload, I know...

One more reaching the final stages... This was done by overpainting the original files that the F1C came with, as I'd forgotten I already had Sony Tuckson's template on my HD. Clever!

I'll upload it later this week. Got a lot of stuff to upload, I know...

Yes! At the moment I working on a little desert campaign with Dhimar, SAAF(MirageIII, F1C,5D,Impala), and Portugal(F-84F,G91R3) against Paran, Cuban and EastGermans MiGs.

But no SAAF-skins , very rare.

Finishing touches...!

Meanwhile, is there an F1 AZ available, does anybody know? This is the MiG-27 to the F1 CZ's MiG-23, if you like; the dedicated ground-attack version co-developed by France and SA.

Yes! At the moment I working on a little desert campaign with Dhimar, SAAF(MirageIII, F1C,5D,Impala), and Portugal(F-84F,G91R3) against Paran, Cuban and EastGermans MiGs.

:blink:

I made the mirage IIICZ based on "TMF" mirage IIIC and 5 skins to wear it... :grin:

All available at CheckSix-fr.com

The skins

Mirage IIICZ

Whooo hooo, Ndicki those are awsome!!!!!

I am a HUGE SAAF fan, I have been struggling to get that cammo for the F1CZ right for Ages.

I can't wait for you to release it, any plans for the Buff/Green cammo scheme?

Mirage factory has an F1AZ on their "to do" list but I guess it could be a long time before we see it.

Maybe we could use the F1C-200 with refuelling probe to simulate the F1AZ for now.

Also I wish I knew how to mod the aircraft because I would love to have the single seat Impala MK2, I know Markfighters is doing a beautiful one but it also has no delivery date.

As an adversary, I have improved my Mozambique Mig-21 Bis scheme (SAAF flew a number of Ops into Mozambique who had 40-50 Mig-21's), still not finished but I think it looks a lot better than the earlier version that you have already seen.

Also some good progress on Angolan Mig-23 cammo after loads of research.

Anyway, I cant wait to see the next SAAF skins, thank you.

Hey usone, that would be fantastic, I really look forward to your campaign.

Just a note, SAAF never used Mirage 5d (you could use it to simulate SAAF Mirage 111RZ or R2Z) but they did use Mirage 111EZ in same

cammo as Mirage 111cz.

There is a skin available for SAAF Canberra B1-8 of 12 squadron if you need.

As for enemy skins for the campaign, if any of my skins below are good enough for you, you are welcome to include them if you wish.

Mozambique Mig-21 bis WIP historically correct skin (My skin))Some additions to decals still needed...Bort numbers

img00275.jpg

Angolan Mig-21 takes a hit (slightly modified Markfighters skin historically correct)

img00071.jpg

Angolan Mig-23-ML WIP historically correct skin (My skin)

img00070.jpg

Angolan Mig-23-ML WIP historically correct skin (My skin)Needs some work and panel lines

img00397.jpg

2 Squadron engaging with guns,I believe this is one of PGC's awsome SAAF Mirage 3CZ skins which also works perfectly on Mirage 3E for SAAF 3EZ

img00159.jpg

Zambian Mig-21 bis, SAAF did a number of strikes into Zambia. (slightly modified Markfighters skin WIP historically correct skin)

img00484.jpg

SAAF Impala, WIP historically correct skin (My skin)

4-1.jpg

img00079.jpg

SAAF 1 Squadron F1AZ (F1C-200) early attempt at SAAF scheme but still needing a lot of work, WIP historically correct skin (My skin)

3-2.jpg

Bear in mind towards the end of the war a number of F1AZ appeared in this scheme but with the deep buff (sand) colour replaced with dark earth same

as the Impalas.

Wow - some impressive stuff there!

I'm HOPING my creative phase will go as far as the original deep buff/olive drab/light admiralty grey scheme, and the later dark earth/olive drab/PRU blue scheme (AZs only, that one). As the refuelling probe on the AZ folded back down out of sight, the existing CZ model seems to me to be the best compromise; in any case, the skin is identical, so you use it as you like. The only one I know I won't be doing is the Milktruck colours on AZ 235. Too much trouble, and it's post majority rule anyway, so November Foxtrot India. Did you know that two CZs (205 and 209) were fitted out (after majority rule of course) to carry Soviet R-73 missiles? Just out of interest.

The Cheetah needs doing, too. There's a conversion based on the Mirage III with added canards, but it looks wrong. I've used the Kfir instead. Other than the "step" intake forward of the tailfin, it looks more convincing. But the skin needs doing properly from scratch. If anyone has an existing detailed template, that'd help!

Hoping to get them sorted out... After being a prolific CFS3 skinner on many of the major projects over the last few years, I'm a bit burnt out!

By the way - what about convincing SAAF callsigns? All these US cars are all very well for Vietnam, but...

Edited by ndicki

2 Squadron engaging with guns,I believe this is one of PGC's awsome SAAF Mirage 3CZ skins which also works perfectly on Mirage 3E for SAAF 3EZ

It is ! :grin:

For the MIIIEZ, some month ago, I worked on 2 skins to use with TMF MIIIE. But actually, never completely finished them...

May be, it's time to do that ?

mirageIIIEZ.jpg

It is ! :grin:

For the MIIIEZ, some month ago, I worked on 2 skins to use with TMF MIIIE. But actually, never completely finished them...

May be, it's time to do that ?

Wow those are excellent!

There are some excellent SAAF skins out there, Now we need a Mirage 3RZ or R2Z, the RZ's were delivered in standard French Grey/Green cammo and looked reeally cool with SAAF markings, from about 76 they were changed to the Deep budd/green cammo.

Just a note, the shock cones sticking out of the air intakes were completely green on all SAAF Mirage 3's

Im really looking forward to the campaign!

Edited by EricJ

Wow those are excellent!

There are some excellent SAAF skins out there, Now we need a Mirage 3RZ or R2Z, the RZ's were delivered in standard French Grey/Green cammo and looked reeally cool with SAAF markings, from about 76 they were changed to the Deep budd/green cammo.

Just a note, the shock cones sticking out of the air intakes were completely green on all SAAF Mirage 3's

Im really looking forward to the campaign!

Those look great as well! Are you going to upload them? You should... (He says, hopefully!)

i think u will be interested for this birdie

FIREFORCE!!!!!!

Interested isn't the word! It's not quite the same model - with elephant's ears and minus the radome, but that's surely not much work... And a couple of guns on a K-car version!

(That's Rhodesian, by the way. But many of the choppers were SAAF-supplied.)

well, the differences between the army version and the navalised are few.i have just to cancel the radar and put the "elephant ears", as u said.then, i have to find some photos to see what they mounted on.i find some of the as-11 missile rails, and some with the gunner at the left door.i think it won't be difficult put together these items :-).my real concern is the flighrt model

Can't help you with that, I'm afraid... But if you want it painted sooner or later, I'll try and create the time!

Another WIP that I have wanted to do for a loooong time, 85 AFS was the Air combat school for SAAF fast jets using Impala Mk1 & Mk2, Sabre and

Mirage IIIDZ,D2Z,EZ.

During 1970's and 80's very year in July they would send some of all these aircraft to meet up with aircraft from all SAAF Jet squadrons in Durban (South African East coast) and have 3 weeks of unlimited dissimilar air combat over the sea. (Top Gun type excersises with no speed or altitude restrictions).

I sure miss those days!

It would be nice to have a small campain replicating these excersises over Durban over the sea (Airport about 0.5 to 1 km from the sea.

Anyway, a WIP of 85 AFS Canadair Sabre 6, I took the colour samples directly off a photo and I think it captured the colours very nicely.

I guess its time to start finishing all the WIP's!!!!

I have a problem doing the decals, If I supplied all the relevent information is there someone willing to do the decals for some of the skins I have shown in this thread?

img00137.jpg

img00140.jpg