Sign in to follow this  
guyran

Ahit vs. Ayit

A philosophical hot debate about the correct Hebrew code name for the A-4 skyhawk in Thirdwire official site.

Thirdwire site

TK is apparently very hard to persuade.

What do you think?

On past performance, TK will say that he will never change the spelling. Then you'll find it updated in a patch later :grin:

Saw the debate on Thirdwire and it seems to me that "AYIT" is the right way to write it foneticaly.

It sound more acurate than "AHIT".

I think TK should fix that issue because this word is a representation of the hebrew word "עייט" , and "AYIT" sound more acurate.

That said i rest my case for now.

On past performance, TK will say that he will never change the spelling. Then you'll find it updated in a patch later :grin:

I hope so.

Guys,

I understand that this is important to you, but in the big picture, it is something that can be fixed with one minor text edit. As was said, it may or may not be fixed in a larger patch.

There are more things that needs to be fixed from day 1.

But it is nice to get the correct spelling.

-S

me too. :lol:

But this may give TK an excuse for extra "two weeks" to the release of SF2 Israel. :grin:

Like he need it...

TK goes by the notion that all his old references that were published in the time of the conflict were saying AHIT. But of course most were published by the west and not Israel.

If you ask me, I don't care what the spelling is.It adds flavour to use AHIT because it's the spelling used during that time.

AYIT (or is it AJIT) also adds flavour because if you were an Israeli, this will make more sense to you.

Sounds like a nit pick debate to me. As soneone said, one spells is color while another spells is colour. Its semantics. But all the information passed has been extremely interesting. As ST0RM said you can go into the aircrafts ini and make say anything you want it to.

Sounds like a nit pick debate to me. As soneone said, one spells is color while another spells is colour. Its semantics. But all the information passed has been extremely interesting. As ST0RM said you can go into the aircrafts ini and make say anything you want it to.

Exactly......like plough/plow and disc/disk....the list goes on, no matter how you spell Ahit its still only 4 letters & if you count all the letters in the posts at Thirdwire & here, well thats a fair lot of ini editing you could have done.... :grin:

Thats all true Dave, but nobody spells it colhor claiming for a silent h.

According to this logic, I can change the name of skyhawk in the ini file into skyhok. In Hebrew they both sounds the same.

Keep in mind that 'Ayit' is a Hebrew word (eagle), and at list it must resemble the original sound, while Ahit is not.

Besides, the IAF official website and the IAF museum both are using the Ayit term.

Thats all true Dave, but nobody spells it colhor claiming for a silent h.

According to this logic, I can change the name of skyhawk in the ini file into skyhok. In Hebrew they both sounds the same.

Keep in mind that 'Ayit' is a Hebrew word (eagle), and at list it must resemble the original sound, while Ahit is not.

Besides, the IAF official website and the IAF museum both are using the Ayit term.

But will it stop you from buying the sim or even flying it? No it won't. With all the other things TK has to look over and make sure is right before release so the sim is flyable, is the spelling of a word (that seems to have 2 spellings and is causing a debate) that really a show stopper? No its not.

So if something is broke out of the download when its released we can blame you because he had to spend time on the spelling instead of looking for bugs? blink.gifgood.gif

Last part is a joke, we know that wouldn't be the case, just pulling your chain. lol.gif

But will it stop you from buying the sim or even flying it? No it won't. With all the other things TK has to look over and make sure is right before release so the sim is flyable, is the spelling of a word (that seems to have 2 spellings and is causing a debate) that really a show stopper? No its not.

NOTHING will stop me from buying SF2 Israel, not even an extra 'two weeks' that I'm taking the blame for. :drinks:

AYIT

(I'm simply going with the excellent Israeli Air Force website on this).

AYIT

(I'm simply going with the excellent Israeli Air Force website on this).

You can call it either or, just as long as we get it soon! (TK is stubborn though. :lol: )

BTW regardless of accuracy one can change the name of an aircraft quite fast and simple :cool:

I would have agreed to everything TK wants if only i knew we will get the A-4N model complete with the pit. :dunno:

Oh,well.... :huh:

Who knows ? Maybe we're in for a surprise.

This is below the noise level. Like others have said, there are more important things for TK to work on than one letter in one word that doesn't even affect how the sim operates.

Any translation from one language to another will have different interpretations. I've run into that working on the damn Iranian indigenous fighter...I've seen 3 different spellings for it, none of which are considered definitive.

FC

I've run into that working on the damn Iranian indigenous fighter...I've seen 3 different spellings for it, none of which are considered definitive.

You mean there are 3 ways to spell "target"? rofl.gif

What's in a name? Would an A-4 by any other name not fly as sweet?

That being said, I would like to, at one point, score a hit on an Ahit.

Edited by Rambler 1-1

Does that name spelling discussion fit in the category "rivet counting"??

Salute.gif

Salute.gif

Yes

Salute.gif

No.

Well as streakeagle put it, its not going to affect the flight model and its ability to fight. So its rivet counting of the highest degree of extreme.

Nonsense. Getting the name right is a bit more fundamental than that.

And I'm quite sure you'd have a different view if an Israeli software house had called the B-52 Stratofartress.

So, to quote yourgoodself Dave, we'll agree to disagree!