Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Decals missing using KMD

After all this time using the KMD mission builder I just realized that all the made decals for custom skins dont appear in the mission.

Ex: If I use my Pfalz DIII's of Jasta 10 which all have custom decals, the decals dont show in the created misson. But they do work in the FE single mission creator. Has anyone else noticed this. And why does this occur with KMD. The decals are in the skin folders under a folder named "D".

Doesn't anyone use KMD mission builder??? Hey bucky, what do you use to create all your missions? Have you noticed this before?

I would like to create some missions for everyone to use. I would like to include my skins as well for some historically accurate missions.

Edited by quack74

Can't say I've come across the same problem myself. Taking the 'Voss vs 56 Sqn' mission as an example, all the 56 sqn letters seem to appear okay.

However, the KMD mission builder stopped working properly with my FE install a few weeks ago for some inexplicable reason, so I tried the recently updated 'Le Missioneur' MB instead...I found it to be quicker and easier to use.

Why not have a go using that instead?

Hope that helps.

Bucky

I'll give that a try for sure. Thanks a lot bucky. My KMD works differently now than when I first installed it. I dont know why but something changed. Oh well. Maybe TK will have one for us one day.

Hint hint TKgrin.gif

Edited by quack74

Yeah, it's strange how the KMD went pear shaped all of a sudden...Maybe a certain amended file or two caused it?...I dunno. :dntknw:

Fact is, I think you 'n me keep messing with the game's files to such an extent, it makes it next to impossible to trace the exact cause when things like this happen.

Forgot to mention: It'll probably take a bit of time getting used to LM's interface, but once you do, I think you'll find it has the edge on the KMD.

You're right about messing with the game and all its filesblink.gif . I dont know what the hell is in my game any more. It is impossible to find the source of any problems these daysno.gif .

Speaking of problems, I just installed LM and I already like it better. It will take some time to figure how to make the waypoints and such. But I just made a small mission and tried to run it. I clicked "Fly" and the game crashed right to the desktop. I tried to uninstall LM and then run the game again and the same thing happened. So once again I F'd up my game. I did a system restore and got it back ok. But the kicker is, I was just working on 7 Albatros DIII's from Jasta 30 including Bertrab's black one. I ran the game after restore and they were all gone! By luck the skins were still in the game's DIII folder. Just the TextureSets and Decal .ini's were gone. I dont know what was up with that but I got lucky thats for sure.

So anyway, I installed the LM right into my FE folder. I followed all the install instructions and it all seemed to work. Until I ran the mission of course. Any Ideas? Why do you think it crashed my FE install?

:no: You 'aint having a lot of luck with all this, are ya?

What terrain did you use to create that mission?...Whatever it was, try another one. Flanders always works for me.

Flanders was the first I tried. I installed LM right into my FE main folder. Everything worked the way it should. Created a couple of flights. saved it. when I clicked on the "Fly" button "Crash!" right to desk top.

I'm kind of afraid to install it again. Dont think I could restore if I had too. If I left out something in the mission menu, you think that could cause it to crash?

Yeah you could say I'm not having much luck with this stuffblink.gif . But I guess I'll give it another go. Cant resist it, must try again!grin.gif I only stand to lose everythingblink.gif

Thanks bucky,

Hi Quack.

Don't have much time for a detailed reply right now, but do you think it might have something to do with your waypoints?

Try copying an existing mission file that you know that works, then change the planes, different skins etc. Place 'em somewhere else on the map, then try running it.

Make sure you create a new restore point beforehand though.

I know you're sleeping now. I'll start a new thread with this one. I reinstalled LM and I get the same problem. It seems to overwrite my game settings as well. Something is screwy. Thank a bunch once again bucky.