Sign in to follow this  

I´m making a skin for the ROKAF Mustangs, loosely based in those wich appeared in "Battle Hymn":

gallery_30428_43_350727.png

Please, does anybody know the mesh name and the position for the wing insignias on the decals.ini? I prefer this way better than paint them on the bmp. I´m also willing

to try later with one for the IDFAF.

Edited by macelena

Hi Macelena!

Try these (from my Royal Dhimari Mustangs project...)

[Decal021]

MeshName=Left_Wing

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-4.10,0.0

Scale=1.75

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal022]

MeshName=Right_Wing

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=BOTTOM

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=4.10,0.0

Scale=1.75

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal023]

MeshName=Left_Wing

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=BOTTOM

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-4.10,0.0

Scale=1.75

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal024]

MeshName=Right_Wing

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=4.10,0.0

Scale=1.75

DecalMaxLOD=3

Saludos!

Edited by Spitwulf

If that's V.3 model, you'll also have to add the callouts for the aileron 'actuator' thingys

R_A_Actuator_01

R_A_Actuator_02

L_A_Actuator_01

L_A_Actuator_02

Positions will be the same as the Nation Markings and designator (in this cas KAF)

You'll probably want to add the 'shroud' decal around the engine exhaust stacks. You can find the tga and decal positions in my Post-War Generic Metal Mustang skin, here at CA.

There's a 56 Suez War Camo Mustang I did a few years pack (and probably for the V2 Lod, so it may need upgrading/adjusting), and I've got the Natural Metal for 1st Fighter that I've never finished (and also need s total overhaul to the V3 Lod)

Don't forget, too, we're supposed to get the 'stang with the WoI expansion (and probably SF2:I) whenever TK deciedes to release it

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

A lot of thanks everyone . I´ll try to make it the best i can. To begin, i will try to polish the skin, increasing the BMP size. Hope i can release soon, thanks all

Edited by macelena

To make it more 'shiny', adjust the reflectivity, specular and glossiness in the texturet.ini.

For example, you can use the data off the F-100D's natural metal skin, as it's got a nice balance of all 3

Specular=1.000000

Glossiness=0.500000

Reflection=0.800000

My base template is 2048x2048, which gives you a 12,894 meg skin bmp -which is the size I've been releasing on my Mustang skins. (the template weighs in at about 30-odd megs!!, what with all the extra layers and stuff) BTW, some of the niceset, most detailed skins are those done by pappychksix - Pete's got some REAL nice ones. They could concieveably be imported INTO the template, and anyother detailing be added. I'd shoot him a PM, as I don't remember if he's a Freeware signatory (but, knowing what a cool dude he is, prolly is)

Remember, you have to START with a large sized template; just resizing the skin bmp UP only tends to blur details (having done that a few times with some of my home-made templates, I can attest to the fact of interior detailing losing sharpness, that even re-sharpening that layer won't bring back)

wrench

kevin stein

With the Huns numbers it will be "bling bling" enough for the ROKAF mustang. Btw, I´m really surprised that it has never been done before. Could have been a cool add-on for the mod

Mustangs don't need bling .... they ARE bling!!! :rofl:

wrench

kevin stein