Sign in to follow this  
AGOSTINO

The Official Agostino Q & A Thread

I bought in Italy "Strike Fighters - Flight Simulator" all in italian language, the version of the game is v 08.13.04.

See below, the mainscreen of the game!!

mainscreenm.jpg

This game is SFG or SFP1?? :dntknw:

See below, the main directory of the game!!

sfgorsfp1.jpg

I wanted to please, know which patches, and which version of weapon editor I need?? :blink: I am becoming mad!!! :blowup: Thanks in advance!! :please:

Edited by Wrench

Ehm.... Agostino.

Did you have the F-104G by default? If no, this is SF Gold.

And.... If I remember correct the italian version from FX Interactive is Strike Fighter Gold.

Try to ask in the italian section of the forum.

Nice main screen. Different from the one I have.

Agostino, I believe yours is SF Gold. I bought mine in Australia 3 years ago (patch to v07.05.05) and in the main folder it has both the files you indicated.

Another way to check is what Spillone104 suggested.

Why not try install SFG Oct 08 patch and see whether it works this time.

All the best,

WL

Edited by WLJet

Ehm.... Agostino.

Did you have the F-104G by default? If no, this is SF Gold.

And.... If I remember correct the italian version from FX Interactive is Strike Fighter Gold.

Try to ask in the italian section of the forum.

Yes, I have the F-104G Starfighter!!! :yes:

Then?? :blink: If yes......is SFP1????

But, if the italian version from FX Interactive is SFG?? :dntknw:

I have just tried, in the italian section of the forum, but nothing!!! :fie:

Actually F-104G is in SFG except the F-104G folder with skins is missing for my SFG. But I discovered just the folder of skins and the F-104G.ini placed in the F-104G folder would allow me to fly the F-104G in SFG.

Just try installing SFG Oct 08 patch and see whether that works.

Edited by WLJet

Sorry about my earlier suggestion Agostino. A check with your earlier post revealed that you already tried installing SFG patch.

Er, how about try installing the SFP1 Oct 08 patch and see how that works?

Edited by WLJet

Strike Fighters Project 1, Introduced in 2002 and Strike Fighters Gold, 2004, Were developed when XP Operating Systems were all the Rage. I see You have Vista. There have been known Issues running these Titles with that Operating System. Someone In the Community might be able to step up and tell You the Issues with Vista. Sorry, I don't have Vista, So I couldn't tell You.

TK develpoed StrikeFighter2 to run on Vista OS Machines. Compatibility might be at Issue here.....

I am running SFG in Vista. No problems for me.

I even tried installing Oct 08 patch directly to my v07.0.05 SFG to see whether there are any problems in starting. I have no problems there.

Sorry Agostino, I don't exactly know what problems your copy of SFG is having when you tried to install the Oct 08 patch. The only other thing which I can think of but offer no guarantee of success is to first install the older patches from the old archives in Thirdwire website. That is, install SFG patches 1 and 2 which would bring yours to v07.05.05 and from there install the Oct 08 patch.

All the best.

Edited by WLJet

That is, install SFG patches 1 and 2 which would bring yours to v07.05.05 and from there install the Oct 08 patch.

That might be the Answer You're looking for......

I even tried installing Oct 08 patch directly to my v07.0.05 SFG to see whether there are any problems in starting. I have no problems there.

Sorry Agostino, I don't exactly know what problems your copy of SFG is having when you tried to install the Oct 08 patch. The only other thing which I can think of but offer no guarantee of success is to first install the older patches from the old archives in Thirdwire website. That is, install SFG patches 1 and 2 which would bring yours to v07.05.05 and from there install the Oct 08 patch.

All the best.

I have installed it, :yes: I have tried all the SFG patches!!! :blink: But the game don't start!!!!! :shok:

Had the same with my over 5years old SFP1.

after patching, i had the SFG.exe in my directory....

I would like to advice on which "A-10 Warthog" to install on SF2?? :dntknw:

None have been converted for SF2 yet - so you can download any of them and just fix the various bits

Get all of em, its worth it, BELIEVE ME, all the A-10s are awesome

None have been converted for SF2 yet - so you can download any of them and just fix the various bits

Buy SF2:Europe

Get all of em, its worth it, BELIEVE ME, all the A-10s are awesome

Thank you a thousand you all!!! :good:

How do I shoot the "AGM-114L", once selected the weapon?? :dntknw:

I'm pretty sure that you need either a laser targeting pod on the aircraft, or fly an a/c that's equipped with a built in designator.

It's better to use the Brimstone or Maverick: the AGM-114 is not designed for use on fast moving aircrafts, only helicopters. Its frame is not build for the aerodynamical loads occuring when mounted and fired on and from a jet, AFAIK.

Uhu

1) It is possible through the cockpit of the pilot, to the cockpit of the co-pilot, in flight during the game?? :blink:

2) Can I turn on, or turn off the release of white smoke, TBirds version, in flight during the game?? :dntknw:

No to both questions, it says in the read me to answer the first question, that u have to go in the T-38 ini and change the cockpit ini to the rear cockpit if u want to ride in back. As for the smoke, even when u land, it still stays, so no, u cant turn it on or off during flight, sorry. Reread the readme's and it will tell u the same things I just did.

I'm trying some Voodoo, which is not for reconnaissance missions, but combat missions?? :no:

Which model should I download?? :dntknw: