Sign in to follow this  
AGOSTINO

The Official Agostino Q & A Thread

The readme does say to put them into the same location. I don't have SF2 so I got the locations form people who used the mod and had SF2. I will change the readme and reupload ASAP.

F12 didn't seem to do anything for me. the green letters turn red after 20 seconds, cycle two more messages then go away. also i still seem to have better perfoormance with it in the mod's flight folder than in the main. but then my mama told me this computer is the devil. :diablo:

It seems the Vista and Windows 7 install works for SP2 in XP as well. Making sure I had the latest DirectX version instaled sovled my probelm. it works just like Angostino says

Edited by JG7_X_MAN

Zmatt's ini cut my fps in half so i'm going back to default "bloom only + darkening" settings.

Zmatt's ini cut my fps in half so i'm going back to default "bloom only + darkening" settings.

What video card do you have? My .ini is optimized for faster cards.

....... the green letters turn red after 20 seconds, cycle two more messages then go away.....

It is normal!!! :ok:

Edited by AGOSTINO

My video card is : Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS :good:

Well That was directed at him. An older video card will have problems with this mod. And especially my tweaks.

You should be good AGOSTINO, but I think you are already know that.

ATI Radeon HD4890 1GB RAM. Somehow your settings got me back to the preENB series era performance-wise and since the sole purpose of this mod (for me) is that FPS doubling under VISTA/7, i'm back to default settings. Maybe it just ATI thing :biggrin:

Got an nvidia gtx 280 1 gb,works fine!

I repeat the same thing as i say into the download section,use this mod combined with Orsin's enhancd widesky mod,is the best way!

ATI Radeon HD4890 1GB RAM. Somehow your settings got me back to the preENB series era performance-wise and since the sole purpose of this mod (for me) is that FPS doubling under VISTA/7, i'm back to default settings. Maybe it just ATI thing :biggrin:

That’s because occlusion won’t work on ati cards. I've got 4870x2 and only using bloom and colour correction tweaks, rest don’t work and only drags fps down

That’s because occlusion won’t work on ati cards. I've got 4870x2 and only using bloom and colour correction tweaks, rest don’t work and only drags fps down

Where can this "HDR" plug in be found in the download section?

I wanted to have a suggestion:

It is better to play in 16: 9 or 16: 10?? :dntknw:

It depends on your monitor. If you have a widescreen monitor they come in two different sizes 16:9 or 16:10. Mine is 16:10 so I have a little bit more viewing area vertically than a 16:9 monitor. You need to find out what your monitor screen size is and set your resolution to that.

Older/more expensive/larger monitors are 16:10, and newer/less expensive/smaller monitors are 16:9.

Edited by Panama Red

LCD monitors should be run in their native resolutions. If your monitor's native resolution is 1680 x 1050, then it's 1.6 (1680 divided by 1050 = 1.6). 16x9 and 16x10 are NOT resolutions, but aspect ratios, Most LCD PC monoitors are 16x10. 1680 x 1050, 1920 x 1200, etc, all equal 16 x 10.

16 x 9 is considered a wide screen television aspect ratio.

It depends on your monitor. If you have a widescreen monitor they come in two different sizes 16:9 or 16:10. Mine is 16:10 so I have a little bit more viewing area vertically than a 16:9 monitor. You need to find out what your monitor screen size is and set your resolution to that.

Older/more expensive/larger monitors are 16:10, and newer/less expensive/smaller monitors are 16:9.

LCD monitors should be run in their native resolutions. If your monitor's native resolution is 1680 x 1050, then it's 1.6 (1680 divided by 1050 = 1.6). 16x9 and 16x10 are NOT resolutions, but aspect ratios, Most LCD PC monoitors are 16x10. 1680 x 1050, 1920 x 1200, etc, all equal 16 x 10.

16 x 9 is considered a wide screen television aspect ratio.

Thanks much for the information!!!! :good:

I have read the new readme file of the "HDR_Mod", in the readme there is written: :biggrin:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For SF2 and derivaties:

The file structure for SF2 has been changed a lot and requires you to place the files in an alternative location

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

Drop the .dll into Users/xxyournamexxx/Saved Games/Thirdwire/SF2x <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--------------- :no:

And drop the .ini into Users/xxyournamexxx/Saved Games/Thirdwire/SF2x/Flight folder

Where "yourname" is the name of your user account

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is wrong!!! :blink:

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

Drop the d3d9.dll in the root directory of your installation. (C:\Program Files\Thirdwire\SF2x\) <<<<<<<-------- :yes: This is correct!!!!

And drop the .ini into Users/xxyournamexxx/Saved Games/Thirdwire/SF2x/Flight folder

Where "yourname" is the name of your user account

According to you, is more realistic to play with "Lens flare" set to "Always On" or "On External Views"?? :dntknw:

I turn it off, because my eyes are not lenses and I don't see silly optic noise from the sun. :biggrin:

I just figure it is a loss of frame rates to have it on.

Lens flares still show up in the Cockpit mirrors even with the option off.

I turn it off, because my eyes are not lenses and I don't see silly optic noise from the sun. :biggrin:

I just figure it is a loss of frame rates to have it on.

Lens flares still show up in the Cockpit mirrors even with the option off.

I thank you much!!! :clapping:

Yep. Turn it off.

I have downloaded the "SF2_F-4E-ARN_Pack-v1.5", in the weapon folder of this file, I found the "2BR" folder.

In the 2BR folder there are only the 2BR.ini and the 2BR_data.ini!!

There are no the xxx.lod file and the xxx.bmp file?? :blink:

Have you actually tried to get it to work?

Betcha it works...

FC

The lod is in one of the objects.cat. Don't worry about it, the Game Engine ™ will find it

wrench

kevin stein