Sign in to follow this  
633squad

BBC Wings

As I read the site..this plays on only European DVD players? Is that correct?

Regards,

Royce

Hello,

Yes it is region 2, but a lot of these BBC recordings usually end up on other regions format sooner or later.

I suppose this puts to rest the stories that the BBC lost some or all the episodes, and could not find them in their vaults.

Personally, i have been waiting 30 years to see this (I was 18 and had other interests on a Sunday night!)

Cheers

Shouldnt be a problem watching it on a computer though... provided you have multi region software. Might have to get a copy of this at some point.

Do you know what aircraft they used for filming? Not often you find authentic aircraft in something of this age... remember the strange radial engined german planes in Aces high?.. and the se5s with swept back wings. Would be great to find this more authentic!

Hi guys, there is a very interesting thread about this show at the Aerodrome Movie and T.V. forum. Gives the info about what planes were used for what shots and even has a chap that was involved or related to someone involved with the production. If interested check it out.

I will definitely be buying this when it becomes available here in the States. I was fortunate enough to have been stationed in England during the first run of this series, and watched every episode of it I could back then.

Cheers!

Lou

Excellent series, for once a series that tried to recreate what it was like, the unknown, the rumours, the misinformation, from pilots and the guy in trenches. The 2nd series was a little more fiction coming in but basically excellent.

Hey, you guys - almost all DVD player's Regional code can be C H A N G E D !

Just Google the name of your player, plus: change regional code, and you will definitely

get a simple instruction. On mine, it was a simple thing; I had to open the insert, then press

some numbers, and then close it again. Dead simple.

Later, you do the same procedure again, to change back. Childsplay.

PS: Learnt that, cause I stumbled over a cheap offer of all the "Avengers" DVDs with Diana Rigg.

I had to have them. Next on the list: Blackadder

Edited by Olham

Thanks for this,i've had the set for a year now,got em from e-bay wish i hadn't you can only just about watch them the qualities that poor, so this looks like an offical box set can't wait.

Finally! I'm going to replace my bad copy.

And released on my birthday. That will be my own gift.

Edited by Von Paulus

Did anyone ever see Flambards,that was another BBC period drama about flying set before the great war?

Did anyone ever see Flambards,that was another BBC period drama about flying set before the great war?

No. You British have so many good series. I can't complain much, because Portuguese national TV transmitted a lot (at least the most important).

Thanks, Red-Dog, I'll try to get a preview in internet.

My copy of Wings was dispatched by Play.com on the 16th October. I still haven't got it yet, however I've received the Ace Frehley CD that was sent out on the 22nd October.

Grrrr.. is this the posties strike holding it up or has it got lost in transit. :dntknw:

Edited by Davy TASB

That looks pretty cool its before my time and never knew that series exisisted.

My copy of Wings was dispatched by Play.com on the 16th October. I still haven't got it yet, however I've received the Ace Frehley CD that was sent out on the 22nd October.

Grrrr.. is this the posties strike holding it up or has it got lost in transit. :dntknw:

My arrived in Portugal last Friday (23/10). I orderer it also from Play.

The good news is it has subtitles in English (it helps a lot).

Bad news are that it's not a good digital recovery. It's acceptable. Nothing that I wasn't expected. I remember, unfortunately, the work done on Brideshead Revisited.

If this tv series were american than we would have a better chance.. But then again, americans are millions of light years away from us, europeans, in terms of digital recovery.

Pah, it looks like its got lost in the post (in other words a thieving postie has half inched it!)

Pah, it looks like its got lost in the post (in other words a thieving postie has half inched it!)

Remember the postal strikes here.. it took 5 days for my joystick to arrive 1st class

Report at Play after 21 days.

NOOOOoooooo......

they dont sell to Australia! Only Europe.

sigh :-(

the wait goes on, its only been since 1977

bison

NOOOOoooooo......

they dont sell to Australia! Only Europe.

sigh :-(

the wait goes on, its only been since 1977

bison

You can try amazon.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002R2FE0U/ref=s9_sima_gw_s3_p74_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1Z8HP6EN6C0YN01EHNAZ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

VP, you are a scholar and a gentleman, despite that trifling incident on the Volga

cheers

bison

ps I have been hunting for years, including only last week. what a laugh

Ahh that brings back memories, although I do seem to recall that the ambition clearly outweighed the budget, which obviously impacted on the scope and scale of what was possible.