Sign in to follow this  
Cameljockey

OT/ A little music for your ears

The one in the black hat with the banjo is my older brother, Darrel.

Enjoy!

The one in the black hat with the banjo is my older brother, Darrel.

Enjoy!

Cameljockey,

As I often say, Bluegrass is music sung from the heart, and through the nose. LOL

Actually, I'm a big fan...never miss a chance to go the the Winfield Bluegrass Festival, just a few miles north of Darrel's stomping ground of Norman.

Awesome. Thanks CJ. You weren't kiddin, your brother is a really good banjo player. Thier version of "Man of Constant Sorrow" is really good too.

-Rooster

Thanks guys! I'm proud of my brother. He's also a luthier and hand made the banjo, mandolin, guitar, and the dobro that they're using.

Edited by Cameljockey

A great bunch of musical fellows!

Your brother is faster underway on his banjo than you could follow in your Dr.I (Lol!)

And thanks to Rooster, I also heard their "Man of constant sorrow". Not knowing

anything about bluegrass, that is a title I heard in "Oh Brother Where Are Though".

To be in such a band must be great fun.

Cameljockey,

As I often say, Bluegrass is music sung from the heart, and through the nose. LOL

Actually, I'm a big fan...never miss a chance to go the the Winfield Bluegrass Festival, just a few miles north of Darrel's stomping ground of Norman.

Actually BirdDog, he's a little closer to you now. He moved to Pawnee where he has his luthiery and music shop. I've got kinfolk in KS too, a sister in Manhattan.