Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Since I saw Hauksbee's comic avatar, I dreamt of a yellow Albatros with bold Iron Crosses

on the wings. I didn't make it all that colourful, but so close, that it really looks like pop art.

But didn't some of the German crates anyway?

Nice li'l canary there Olham

I always like your skins

Nice feel for the era

Is that Alois Heldmann in the black Alb?

I often use his DVII skin

Yes, a Jasta 10 flight; I flew in the presence of:

Alois Heldmann, Paul Aue, Erich Loewenhardt, Werner Voss and Adam Barth

Great company - you really feel a bit smaller, when you fly with them.

Oh, and yellow is the colour of Jasta 10.

Edited by Olham

It is a Rotmilan (red kite), which I painted in red, orange and deep red.

This bird is the only bird of prey I know that begins with an "M" like my

family name. And you find it in the area here.

I used it since IL 2 as one of my personal insignia on fighters.

When we soon will have real personal single skins, I will be the happiest

pilot around!!

A wonderful aircraft in a very good looking condition!

What I like about it's painting, is that they did not use very obvious colours,

but rather made a rare combination. Lovely crate.

When we soon will have real personal single skins, I will be the happiest

pilot around!!

And I shall be the most jealous!

Love the Milan

Yes, Duce, those of us that don't skin, we may have to bribe or "buy" a skin? please.gif

Ras, us skinners have already made many, many skins available in the "Download" section,

sub-category "Over Flanders Fields", sub-category "Aircraft skins and models".

Widowmaker, Beanie (where is he, by the way?), Red Dog, RAF Louvert, myself and others

put lots of skins in there (mine where mostly Albatros types); so you should have a look there.

Duce, if you have a program to work on photos with, like Photoshop, you could search for an

eagle or whatever in the web, and then tweak the picture.

First I press Ctrl. + X, then I make a new file with background set to "transparent", then add

the cut out file into it by pressing Ctrl. + V.

Now, when you carefully remove the surrounding with eraser tool or by choice made per

"magic wand" tool, you'll get a free eagle to put over your skin.

(How to work on a skin, see the "Skinning" sector in the "Over Flanders Fields" main list.)

Now you tweak this eagle. There might be for example a way to devide the pics colours into

only three or four, like on my Milan. Then there should also be ways to alter the colours.

And finally, I wrote "Milan" over it per text tool, rastered it, and made these layers one layer,

without giving up the transparent background. Now I could put it into the skin.

Perhaps I should make it a branch of my business and offer personal insignia and skins? Lol!

Lovely Skin Olham.... Yellow a very fitting colour for German Chicken's!..... I shall have to go and down some more! :drinks::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

You better beware, the "Yellow Chicken" doesn't shredder your kite, m8! :cool:

Nice skin and quite fitting for Jasta 10. (I really like their Pfalz skins!) Your men would certainly spot you easily from the sky... and so would the enemy. But I suspect that's what you want - to go down fighting hordes of Entente fighters.

Well, I always hate it, when a flight of 56 (or 65 ?) squadron escapes me with their fast S.E.5a,

cause they hadn't seen us. With this colour sheme, they wont have no excuses anymore!

Looks awesome Ohlam,

Just pull down the upper wing placement a little, you've got it a little high and it's showing the lozenge at the trailing edge.

This is definately one of the nicest skins you've made... other than that Pfalz checkerboard skin. :)

OvS

Ras, us skinners have already made many, many skins available in the "Download" section,

sub-category "Over Flanders Fields", sub-category "Aircraft skins and models".

Widowmaker, Beanie (where is he, by the way?), Red Dog, RAF Louvert, myself and others

put lots of skins in there (mine where mostly Albatros types); so you should have a look there.

Perhaps I should make it a branch of my business and offer personal insignia and skins? Lol!

Yes, Olham, I have downloaded some skins, some of which are yours. There are certainly a nice lot to choose from. One of my favorites is the one RAF Louvert did of the Sopwith Tripe and I have yet to post some pictures with it. I haven't had much time to fly as of late.

But by personal skins, it might be one that is fitting to a profession, hobby, or personality. I carve wooden fish decoys as a hobby and side business and in FSX I have a special plane (Spartan Executive) in green and sillver with the words Fish Decoys by Ras on it. THe other fellows really get a kick out of it, though something like that would probably not be appropriate in OFF. Though a plane with a symbol of a fish on the side of it would be something that would be cool. Like a fish with its mouth wide open, ready to take a bite. Thanks again.

Thank you, OvS - yes, the skin isn't finished yet, and I will position the upper wing new.

Actually, I find the colour almost pop-art, and way "louder" than even MvR's paintings.

But it's for fun, and I'll enjoy it with Jasta 10, where the yellow fits.

Once we have a real individual skin, as Winder announced, it will be a single crazy bird

and less disturbing.

Ras, your demand should be the perfect skin for Widowmaker to do - he is into fishing!

Perhaps, if you asked him gently...

Ras[/b], your demand should be the perfect skin for Widowmaker to do - he is into fishing!

Perhaps, if you asked him gently...

Yes, a gentle PM has been sent. Thankswink2.gif

Nice one, as usual, Olham. If I see a yellow Albatros coming, I'll be sure to duck into a cloud.

ps: Not sure what's doing it, but I've tried this post three times and it keeps adding itself to Ras's post. (Hope you don't mind the extra company, Ras. LOL)

Edited by Hauksbee

Nice one, as usual, Olham. If I see a yellow Albatros coming, I'll be sure to duck into a cloud.

ps: Not sure what's doing it, but I've tried this post three times and it keeps adding itself to Ras's post. (Hope you don't mind the extra company, Ras. LOL)

No problem, we have lots of room. I tried to do an edit earlier on my last post and couldn't do so... I wonder how this one will turn out?

Boy, I just had a furious dogfight with the brandnew first Camels with my Yellow Canary.

See screenshots!

Duce, if you have a program to work on photos with, like Photoshop, you could search for an

eagle or whatever in the web, and then tweak the picture.

First I press Ctrl. + X, then I make a new file with background set to "transparent", then add

the cut out file into it by pressing Ctrl. + V.

Now, when you carefully remove the surrounding with eraser tool or by choice made per

"magic wand" tool, you'll get a free eagle to put over your skin.

(How to work on a skin, see the "Skinning" sector in the "Over Flanders Fields" main list.)

Sounds interesting but my experience is limited to MS Photo Editor and Paint

Is Photoshop very intuitive to learn?

With the individual skins coming, this would be a nice capability

Is Photoshop very intuitive to learn?

If you have used similar things already, I would say: partly yes.

Of course, there are tricky things you wouldn't find out easily without the book.

But the things you need for skinning and emblems, yes.

And there are tutorials in the skinning section, I think.

I saw different versions of Photoshop

Can you tell me what versions are up to the task?

My favorite for skinning is Corel Draw. This is a vector tool which allows you to draw lines and shapes instead of "painting". It also has the advantage of letting you easily resize objects without causing distortion of the edges, everything stays nice and crisp. If you buy the suite it comes with Photo Paint (like paint shop or other similar programs) which makes it easy to take the "shapes" you develop in Draw and layer other objects over or under them, using transparencies and other tools. But, unfortunately it is not very intuitive. The price is usually better but it is geared towards people who run things like plotters.

Beard