Sign in to follow this  
SortofRed

Game Acceleration Keystroke question

I searched through this forum and saw a post that said that one could accelerate time in the OFF game via a cntl-shift-e keystroke and reduce time acceleration via cntl-shift-r and this has nothing to do with warp. But this command does nothing when I am in OFF. What am I missing?

Nothing at all, if you delved a bit deeper, you'd have seen that was in Phase II

Must have missed that, thank you. Obviously not in BH&H.

Must have missed that, thank you. Obviously not in BH&H.

Don't know why you cannot use it, but it functions for me (OFF 3)...

Edited by kaa

Yup.

Time acceleration/deceleration works for me too in BHaH. Perhaps you should recheck the key assignments and make sure you're using the right keys in the right way (ie hold down all the keys, not typed in sequence - CTRL+SHIFT+R not CTRL then Shift then R).

Command Key card from Homeboy here (a must have)...

http://snomhf.exofire.net/data/OFFcommandkeys.jpg

Yup.

Time acceleration/deceleration works for me too in BHaH. Perhaps you should recheck the key assignments and make sure you're using the right keys in the right way (ie hold down all the keys, not typed in sequence - CTRL+SHIFT+R not CTRL then Shift then R).

Command Key card from Homeboy here (a must have)...

http://snomhf.exofir...commandkeys.jpg

Interesting as it does NOT work for me. And I do hold down all the keys but nothing changes.

Did you disable this function with the OFF configuration manager?

When you set up the game within the game configuration, this option is an override which includes areas such as labels, messages, and HUD.

If you read the the OFF graphics, tips and tweaks page on the main website, you will find it listed, that this feature was recommended to be disabled (Especially on the DiD standard).

If you were following the guide, step by step, you may need to reactivate the function.

A simple warning though, enabling this feature all the time, can lead to some nasty crashes on your airplane coming out of clouds, when flying in formation.

Little blips are okay, but full blown flights with this feature on for extended periods of time, can cause problems.

It is useful to get flight formation back together to continue the mission, however.