Sign in to follow this  
WWI Flying Ace

Landed Behind Enemy Lines?

(Please put "tongue in cheek" while you read this...) Now that it's been a couple of days I may be able to get through this without getting too worked up. I usaully fly allied campaigns and probably haven't made it past 8 hours in the air. I've been flying with everything but manual mixture lately. For a change I decided I'd try flying as a German. (Sorry Snoopy old boy...) "Gefreiter Gerhard Dossenbach" enlisted with Jasta 5, 30 October 1916. "He" had 28.93 hours, 12 confirmed kills (I'd rather not mention how many he had in total, alas "Unconfirmed is unconfirmed."), 2 medals and had obtained the rank of Feldwbel. On 29 January 1917, (he was wounded a few times along the way) he landed back at Gonnelieu aerodrome, where he took off from mind you, AND WAS CAPTURED FOR LANDING BEHIND ENEMY LINES AND SPENT THE REST OF THE BLOODY WAR IN CAPTIVITY!!! And don't try and tell me the drome was over run while he was in the air - I'm not buying it! Me thinks there is a slight programing problem somewhere, hmmm?

Thanks for all you've done guys - never before have I enjoyed being tortured so much as I have with this sim...

Best Regards, WWI Fying Ace