Sign in to follow this  
F15A

MiG-29A Mirage Factory issue

This loosely goes with my previous post (the AIM-7P topic, which has been resolved, thanks to EricJ). Anyways when I was flying the F-15 testing the Sparrows in a single mission, the enemy planes were Mirage Factory MiG-29A-Polish that were completely unarmed. Earlier today I had flown those MiG-29s and all the weapons appeared fine. Now they are in generated missions without a loadout when flown by the A.I.

Any ideas?

When flying the MiG-29 did you have to manually add weapons?

There might been a few reasons.

The MiGs were on a mission, wich loadout isn´t defined, but is capable by the aircrafts Data.ini, check the loadout, if all mission types are there.

The Dates you flew both missions was different, meaning when you took the MiG, you´ve choosen a date where all missiles were availlable, but when you faced them with the F-15A, it was earlier and the missiles were not present at this time.

Maybe something else, wich i´m not aware of due it´s damn early in the morning! :grin:

There might been a few reasons.

The MiGs were on a mission, wich loadout isn´t defined, but is capable by the aircrafts Data.ini, check the loadout, if all mission types are there.

The Dates you flew both missions was different, meaning when you took the MiG, you´ve choosen a date where all missiles were availlable, but when you faced them with the F-15A, it was earlier and the missiles were not present at this time.

Maybe something else, wich i´m not aware of due it´s damn early in the morning! :grin:

I flew a mission in 1991 with the F-15D and the A.I. Fulcrums this time were loaded with only 2 AA-10's. The AA-11 Archers and Atoll's should have been there too I think. They didn't even have the centerline fuel tanks.

And for the sake of not starting another post about the MiG-29, I'll ask where I can find the wing tank files for this plane because the data file has assigned stations for them. Its called "MIG29WTANK" and its not in the SF2 Weapons Pack where I found the "MIG29CTANK" file.

Regarding the MIG29CTANK, I checked it out in the weapons editor and discovered in the fuel tank data section there is no number value in fuel capacity. Yet its mass has a value of 500 kg.

If I read the Russian cockpit fuel guage correctly I don't think any fuel is in the center tank. So what value in kilograms belongs in the capacity entry?

All other fuel tanks I checked do have fuel capacity values.

Edited by F15A

I flew a mission in 1991 with the F-15D and the A.I. Fulcrums this time were loaded with only 2 AA-10's. The AA-11 Archers and Atoll's should have been there too I think. They didn't even have the centerline fuel tanks.

And for the sake of not starting another post about the MiG-29, I'll ask where I can find the wing tank files for this plane because the data file has assigned stations for them. Its called "MIG29WTANK" and its not in the SF2 Weapons Pack where I found the "MIG29CTANK" file.

Regarding the MIG29CTANK, I checked it out in the weapons editor and discovered in the fuel tank data section there is no number value in fuel capacity. Yet its mass has a value of 500 kg.

If I read the Russian cockpit fuel guage correctly I don't think any fuel is in the center tank. So what value in kilograms belongs in the capacity entry?

All other fuel tanks I checked do have fuel capacity values.

Typical MiG-29A loadout, through the early 1990's was 4 x AA-8 (R-60), and 2 x AA-10 (R-27). To the best of my knowledge, AA-11 Archer was carried sometime after 1991-92. The MiG-29 never carried the Atoll (AA-2), as it was all but obsolete by the time the Fulcrum entered service.