index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=10039

File Name: FIAT BR-20 CICOGNA V1.1

File Submitter: Veltro2k

File Submitted: 05 October 2009

File Updated: 22 September 2010

File Category: Axis Bombers

Version 1.1

Modified fuselage .Added Flaps,shadow and distance. Lower Poli count

The Fiat BR.20 Cicogna (Italian: "stork") was a twin-engine bomber of the Italian Regia Aeronautica which saw service in the Spanish Civil War, Second Sino-Japanese War and World War II. Although the BR.20 was Italy's standard medium bomber in the mid-1930s and had proven effective in the Spanish Civil War, it was already obsolescent by the time Italy entered the war.

UNZIP and add to your Object/Aircraft folder

Skin: LloydNB

Screens: The Wrench

Cockpit: Kesselbrut

THIS MODEL IS ONLY TO BE DISTRIBUTED AS FREEWARE AND IN NO OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL IT BE USED, EVEN IN PART OF ANYTHING THAT IS PAYWARE. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COMBAT ACE MODDERS AGREEMENT

Click here to download this file

My compliments to you and your team. It's very nice and works like a charm in SF2 as well BTW.

Keep up the good work!

Lloyd did a GREAT job on the skin!!

----

Here's a few very fast tweeks:

open the data ini, and change the NationName= to

WWII Italy

(that's 2 capital I s with a space)

scroll down further, to the weapons stations, and replace all the nations listed in the AttachmentType= with

W_GERMANY

don't worry -- all LW weapons are WGerman (don't ask!)

save and close the data ini.

OPen the loadout ini, and replace all the bomb callouts (500lb_bomb) with

SC-250

save and close. This'll give you Luftwaffe bombs; the only one's we've got for the Axis powers

--------

flying it on a strike mission, all I could think of was "man, I sure wouldn't want to be that dude hanging off the belly station!!! Of cousre, I'm an acrophope, so......

Nicly done Ed!!

wrench

kevin stein

Just for a giggle, I'm running a 'Middle East' prop mod in SF2 and it's mainly populated with Regia Aeronautica and Luftwaffe WW2 aircraft as the 'enemy' and British and American WW2 aircraft set as 'friendly' although I do like to fly both sides, especially when installing a new aircraft. Indeed, my first three flights in Ed's BR-20 were resounding successes with just a few Martletts hammering away at me on my last flight but I got back to base OK and it's ever so rare for me to do three single missions on the trot

BTW a quick and dirty way of doing a WW2 mod in SF2 is to use froggy's easy to follow guide to adding another install in SF2 (<A href="http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=40588">http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=40588</A> currently Post #14 and then add your chosen enemy aircraft but making them PARAN in the data.ini and skin textureset.ini and setting their attachment type to SOVIET,WP. This gives some basic weapons (e.g. FAB100, FAB250 and FAB500 bombs) and then you just need to tweak the loadout.ini's to give the AI the right weapons and also remember to use stock guns from the Gun Data otherwise they'll be pretty useless as opposition. As I said, it's quick and dirty but enormous fun.

Edited by Spinners

but enormous fun

And THAT my friends, is the entire point of sim gamming!!

wrench

kevin stein