Sign in to follow this  
guyran

Sf2 Israel is iminent

gallery_44010_362_5981.jpg

SF2 Israel is imminent.

Edited by guyran

Well technically it's been inbound for over a month now, TK just had some last minute bugs to stamp out apparently. It would be nice if it comes out in time for the long weekend ahead (after I hoped and was disappointed it would be out for the long weekend a month ago).

Oh maaaan.

It's about time.These two weeks had been the longest i can remember. :grin:

This weekend works for me fine. :ok:

That's from Facebook. I'd be much more happy if this was from thirdwire.com! :grin:

TW facebook. New pic in SF2I gallery.

Is that an A-4N in those pics? I got a feeling TK is going to release this tomorrow. Being the 6th of October and all. Anyone want to bet?

Looks more like the A-4H, since it has a straight refueling probe.

Is that an A-4N in those pics? I got a feeling TK is going to release this tomorrow. Being the 6th of October and all. Anyone want to bet?

Taking your bet Dave is a win-win gamble... :good:

Either the bet or the game.

BTW- How can I edit the topic title?

Just use the full editor. But right now we are having software issues because some gung ho rocket scientist at the datacenter was messing with Erik's forum in an effort to be helpful. Well he wasn't and Erik is PISSED OFF.

Don't make Erik angry. You won't like him when he's angry.

Hi Dave,

I placed my bet on the 6th on Facebook.

I'm stuck to my PC all day, but no joy yet.

I still remember your Yom-Kippur pack for the original SFP1.

What a joy that was, simulating Yom-Kippur missions on the 30th anaversery of the war.

would you really believe it's been 6 years since then, and SF keeps on getting better.

Come on TK, it's Sukkot (the Tabernacles Feast) and I've got the week off. Make my holiday!

Time zones are a killer, it's already the evening of the 6th here, I know it's only noon on the east coast.

Zivan "Ziker" Krisher

Tappetty, tappetty, tap.

[spinners anxiously looks at his Rolex while impatiently drumming his fingers on the table]

Sorry if you cannot read this small writing but your breath smells and your sister married for money...

don't think there will be any release today (another speculation from me :rofl: )

Third Wire

Yeah, sorry guys, as much as we want it out today (or last month), we can't release it until we work out all the issues (mostly to do with installer and uninstaller). We're very close tho, hopefully later this week...

Splunge!

Er, OK. :shok:

Better a little late and working well, than early and FUBAR.

Maybe something as cool as the RWR in SF2E will be elicited, eh?

The installer and uninstaller? That's an odd thing to have a problem with this late in the game. He's only had those running since SF2's release, assuming it's because of making it work properly on Vista and XP.

Whatever, another few days won't kill us. It's not like we don't already have a ton of other things available!

I'll be interested to see what this does with my mods, though. While I have my stock SF2, SF2V, and SF2E installs, I also have 2 heavily modded installs and I hope I can update them more easily than it was for the old SFP1 series!

JM, the installer will have to check what SF2 games are already installed, patch them and merge with them. SF2E monstrous installer already caused a few problems in merging (missing textures for people without SF2), so TK is right in taking time to polish the system or redo it. The more games get released the more possibilities for installer glitch there are. :blink:

Hmm i bought the original WOI and it works fine on my Vista, although First Eagles doesnt :( Will the only difference between this WOI and the original be updated graphics and so on ?

I'll be interested to see what this does with my mods, though. While I have my stock SF2, SF2V, and SF2E installs, I also have 2 heavily modded installs and I hope I can update them more easily than it was for the old SFP1 series!

See that is the beauty of the mod folder. That stuff does not get touched by patches etc. i.e the patch doesnt overwrite anything. The only thing you have to change is any modfied ini's you pulled from a older patched version. Then you need to pull that ini from the updated version 's cat file (add any edits) you just patched and put that in the mod folder and overwrite the old one. That is it. If you do not have any ini files like that then you are set. No resting of menu files, or data.ini's etc etc. Make sense?

Hmm i bought the original WOI and it works fine on my Vista, although First Eagles doesnt :( Will the only difference between this WOI and the original be updated graphics and so on ?

Even though it says it doesn't, FIRST EAGLES works perfectly on vista. Heck, even EUROPEAN AIR WAR works fine on vista.

I think some of mine might have modified squadronlist.ini's and possibly a couple of others. I guess the biggest issue is mods of stock planes, as the .ini's for them might be changed in the .cat.

I'm sure when it comes out we'll see some people post about issues with specific mods. The SF2V A&G Exp is one I'm particularly concerned about, actually! My other one is mostly just planes, terrains, and weapons.

installer/uninstaller... who knows, perhaps TK wants it to be compatible with Windows 7