Sign in to follow this  

Hi everybody. I searched and didn't found topics talking about this even though it has probably been discussed before already.

In European air war, when playing the campaign, dead pilots of your squadron would be replaced by new fresh pilots, automatically.

In First Eagles there is a way to "force " them to revive.

In Wings over Europe i think too, but there is too much time that i don't play to it so i don't remember.

So the question is: How to replace dead pilots of your squadron on campaign mode? (in WoE, WoI or WoV?)

Also i see much of you acquired SFP2 already, and, i was wondering if anyone noticed a framerate increase? I run unmodded Wings of (gen1) and it isressources consuming even with low graphic settings and my computer is rather powerful.

So has the Graphic Engine been optimized?

Thanks by advance.

The answer to your frame rate problem is in a sticky thread at the top of this section- yo check this out great speed boost!- The HDR Bloom will work wonders for your frame rates in vista with the both generations of the sim.

yes you will get slightly better frame rates with strikefighters 2 from what I am told.

Thanks for your answer icarus, but i'm a ENB series user yet and it does not accelerate the framerate in my game, to the contrary.

But the framerate is not that much a problem actually than the campaign.

So anyone here playing WOE/WOV campaigns plays with dead pilots in their squadron, and finnish by doing the missions on their own with one plane?

The pilot replacement thing is automatic - but might be controlled in one of the files (cant remember) - if you play a campaign over a period of time you will eventually get new pilots.

Ok i will try to find the files configuring it , thanks for info.

If you routinely take up 8 shipper missions, you are going to lose a lot, especially in the first half-dozen missions.

Between SAMs and enemy air the attrition rate can get huge.

I usually fly with 2 or 4 max. Mostly 2, but even singletons if there is a single fixed target for a strike mission.

I have found that friendly AI can be much more sputid than enemy AI, and they will drop like flies.

If you do the first 3 to 4 missions in a campaign as 8 shippers, even when suggested, you are gonna be mighty lonely come missions 5 & 6...