Sign in to follow this  
Squiffy

Flamming Cliffs Qs

High gang. My install is working fine now and I've set about doing some testing. I would like to edit the view.lua to allow more rearward view but I think the FC trackir settings won't allow that. I dont' see any cockpit.lua in my appropriate folder.

Also, I have tested the B-1 and B-52 for payload delivery. Cool but limited in some ways. I dont' think any missles can be launched by players. Bombs are fine and seem to only work from the front bombay on the B-1 and the underwing pylons on the B-52. Or at least those were the best to fly with. Any more and the weight issues are staggering. Starting in at 30,000 ft was barely enough. Also, guidance for weapons is not really there. No GBU laser guided bombs tracked at all. Not sure what the drop cue would be? Any ideas? This includes awac in mission.

OK it cuold be I was tryign to lock with the wrong keymap. Just discovered the difference in my A-10. Air lock and ground lock are not the same. Off to test the bombers.

Nah, I dont' think laser guided bombs are really active in LOMAC. Only Mavericks and CCIP. HARMs? Who knows. I have another question... is it possible to get 180' look backs with TrackIR? My FC install had no cockpit.lua file to edit. Still stops at 120'.

Honestly I've never tried. I know Black Shark doesn't have any limit...I can swivel my head 360 degrees from looking out the left, to front, right, back, and then left again!

As for LGBs, none of the stock planes had them, although they did have (separately) laser AGMs, TV bombs, and slick bombs. So it wouldn't surprise me if they don't work for players.

Thanks Jedi master. I did some more looking over at another forum and came up with some answers. In FC, the cockpit.lua is no longer active. What you want to edit is the servers.lua. There you can change the h and v max angle settings. Switch it to 180 and you get a good look at your headrest. In 90' bank, you can see up over and tracj you adversary pretty well. Cool for immersion. I am busy editing my graphics settings and downloading mods. The park boxes mod is cool but a little heavy on fps at Dzankoy. Maybe it's the trees? Loving the game now. Helps to edit your joystickrange.cfg too. Eliminates a lot of the overcontrol, propoising of these big jests going slow.