Sign in to follow this  
Stiffy

Huzzah!

Game arrived 5 minutes ago, istalling now.... have to say that is an excellent service, just 6 working days to UK. See you in the skies!

Welcome Stiffy...

the meatgrinder awaits.... and it hasnt let up since 16...

watch out for the hun in the sun...

Pröst,

The Flyers of Jasta 12 (aka.. The black tailed basterds)

Welcome Stiffy!!

Prepare yourself for many hours in front of the Front! I suppose, coming from the Concadeland you're going to fight for the wrong side but watch high above, we're coming!

Nice to have you onboard, greetings from Jasta 2 and if you haven't already done so, PM your name and city to Olham, I'm sure he wants you to his map.

itifonhom

Tally Ho!

Interface might seem a little clunky at first, but once flying it's a dream...

Enjoy - good luck out there.

I'm glad for you. I see you don't have TrackIR. I did not either for the first few months of OFFing. I did pretty good without it but now that I have it would not do without. Have a great time checking things out. A hearty welcome and best wishes.

Welcome again, Stiffy! Six days only? They have become faster then.

The early European buyers waited two weeks.

If you should fly German side, I'd welcome you in Jasta 1, Jasta 2, Jasta 10, Jasta 11, Jasta 12, Jasta 79b or MFJ1,

depending on the time you enter the war. If you fly the other side, you better make sure not to enter anywhere

near the above.

Don't forget the Super-patch and the latest minipatch. You're in for a great time!

And as Rickity says: save more money to get the TrackIR. An even greater experience!

hi Stiffy welcome aboard.drinks.gif

Welcome to the skies Over Flanders Fields.

Check your Six. That Olham is a crafty bugger. And deadly. Nice guy and all but...

Hey Stiffy!

Good hunting out there!

And if you won´t join the German side, watch out for the Jasta 13´s guys ;-)

Have fun and welcome to the Gentlemans Club!

Hi Stiffy,

Once you've got some time in one or two of the aircraft, you might want to consider straying into the multiplayer section of this site. I'd never played any MP before I tried the OFF MP experience, and I can tell you it's a laugh. Inexperience won't be an issue as even seasoned players make complete numpties of themselves, and all that happens is that you laugh about it and learn new tricks. Definitely a good investment in your spare time - but clear it first with dependents, as they're likely to see far less of you thereafter!

Cheers,

Si

Have fun and welcome to the Gentlemans Club!

here..here.. The first round is on you of course, as we dont expect you to survive past 14 days.. as that is the going rate now a days for fresh recruits..

für zeee kaiserrrr... hick.. hick... :blink::drinks:

I think ill go check my bullets cant trust them damn mechanics ya know...

Quite simply... without any hesitation... the finest flightsim I have ever played. And easily in the top ten, or maybe five of any type of computer game I have played. Really guys, hats off for the time, effort and clearly also passion you have put into creating this

2nd leiutenant William Thomas, 29th RFC 1916. 3 succesful patrols and one pending claim for a hun 2 seater... off to see if he can make it through the week.

Really wasnt sure what info to put in the claims form... I assume the game picks up on keywords? Can anyone tell me if I am going wrong with this (after all an officer would be taught how to fill in a claim!)

11/4/1916 16h36 Flanders St-Omer Airfield Attack Flying: Airco DH2. On this day claims: 1 Roland CII . Shot down at noon near Droglandt at low altitude 12pm 1202 hours. Witnessed by: Jack Milne Status : Pending .

Going away this weekend, when i get back will get on to sorting multiplayer.

Hey Stiffy!...Watch out for that Olham Chap!...He likes to get Airman recruited for his damnable Hun Jasta's!...Strap on an SE or a Camel, and show him what for!!!

(he's a lovely chap..but dont let that stop you from shooting at him!)...we will not tolerate Football being played on Christmas Day here Laddie!!! :drinks::grin::grin::grin:

surprised that, except for the odd stutter now and again my computer is running the game perfectly at 5 5 5 5 5 in 1400x900 with 2x antialias. only a celeron dual 1.8 running at 1.2!

On my third pilot now... fokker scourge is really tough...

And Clouds just up fps the higher you put the slider up...run them at 2 or possibly 3.

Will improve FPS without a noticeable difference :salute:

Welcome aboard Stiffy!

Now you'll know what do do with all that idle time

Ya know 1, 2, 3 AM rofl.gif

Hi, another UK OFF flyer. I am just a week into the game and I still can't believe how good it is.

My favourite squad at the moment is Jasta 2 flying Albatros DI-III. I really like this plane. (Don't like the Halberstat [spelling] a bit too nose heavy for my flying style.)

I am still learning the flying skills at the moment. I'm not bad but in a head-2-head with an enemy fighter in an evenly matched craft I would say I am only 40% likely to win at the moment. Got to get better. (I got some tips off another thread, and I am trying those out.)

As for the claims, I have not got those sussed yet. I am writing in a style similar to you. With numerous different pilots I have downed about 30 craft and still not got a confirmed. I guess they don't like my handwriting. lol.

I have set my claims difficulty to the middle value, see if that helps. I'll let you know. Also I have set my mission frequency to Light, as most of my pilots didn't last for more than a few days (unless they got hospitalised) to see if it takes a few days to get confirmation. I'll let you know how I get on. Let me know if you make any progress on the claims front as well. If you do let me know what you are doing.

Ludwig Von Mises (my flying name, named after the credible Austrian economist.)