Sign in to follow this  
Rayc

Oct 2008 update and Weapon Pack Compatability

I noticed that when I installed the October 2008 patch to SF/WOV/WOE it wipes most of my available weapons. If I reinstall any of the weapons packs on the Oct 2008 patched sim it wipes all weapons. Is there a fix for this? The October 2008 update really simplifies reinstallation and update but I got to have the weapons pack too.

Hopefully someone already found a fix for this and I just missed it.

I suggest you make a clean install, patch it to october08 then apply the weapon pack. I did this and hadn't any problem, haven't tried the weapons pack since one year though, i was going to install it again.

I suggest you make a clean install, patch it to october08 then apply the weapon pack. I did this and hadn't any problem, haven't tried the weapons pack since one year though, i was going to install it again.

That was exactly what I did after I first encountered a problem but it still wipes out all of my weapons on all three sims

Which weapons pack are you installing?

If its one created before Oct 2008 then it will just over write things with old files and screw the game up if you just install it straight into the game. If you want to use an old pack you have to put the weapons manually into the game - ie install the pack to an EMPTY folder on the desktop then drag the weapons folder over to the exact location.