Sign in to follow this  
Kubasun

Cannot load program

I loaded the program as per instructions, just changed the drive from C: to G: I got the following errors:

run time error -2147319779 (8002801d)

automation error

library not registered

Error setting up system path ...CFS3 path.:....

run-time error 429

active x components cannot create objects

the version I have is Phase 2 V1.9e

after all the installation programs were run, I cannot find cfs3config.exe in any of the directories.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gene

going to ask the usual questions first..

was your cfs3 installed, and patched to 3.1, and run at least once, before you installed off2. Been a while since i did off2, but i belive that versions did not give you the option of telling over flanders fields to get the cfs3 files it need from an install cd, rather than an cfs3 installation.

strange that you could not find a cfs3config.exe, cause you should have 2 of them,,one for cfs3,,and one for off2...

is this an all english install>?

going to ask the usual questions first..

was your cfs3 installed, and patched to 3.1, and run at least once, before you installed off2. Been a while since i did off2, but i belive that versions did not give you the option of telling over flanders fields to get the cfs3 files it need from an install cd, rather than an cfs3 installation.

strange that you could not find a cfs3config.exe, cause you should have 2 of them,,one for cfs3,,and one for off2...

is this an all english install>?

Yes to the installations of CFS3/3.1/and running the CFS3 first, also it is an all english install, I should add it did not create an icon on the destop either .

Gene

ok...

loading to d should not cause the problem, ive got it that way on my computer.

i would do the obviouse first,,,uninstall (if there is an uninstall in off2)........

and im not even sure if the "other" folders that exist in off3 are installed in off2,,,those are the folders that are in documents and settings\xxxxx\applicationdata\microsoft\cfsww1 overflanders fields. xxxxx can either be administrator, or your user name if you have one on the computer....... the path is a bit different for vista..belive it starts out users, and aplication data is appdata in vista.

anyways,,if those folders exist,,delete them also..

and...know that off2 got on a torrent somehow,,,so if you got it that way, it could be the problem..

if an uninstall/reinstall still causes the same problem (or any others for that matter)...pm me your address,,and ill get another copy of off2 out to you.

ok...

loading to d should not cause the problem, ive got it that way on my computer.

i would do the obviouse first,,,uninstall (if there is an uninstall in off2)........

and im not even sure if the "other" folders that exist in off3 are installed in off2,,,those are the folders that are in documents and settings\xxxxx\applicationdata\microsoft\cfsww1 overflanders fields. xxxxx can either be administrator, or your user name if you have one on the computer....... the path is a bit different for vista..belive it starts out users, and aplication data is appdata in vista.

anyways,,if those folders exist,,delete them also..

and...know that off2 got on a torrent somehow,,,so if you got it that way, it could be the problem..

if an uninstall/reinstall still causes the same problem (or any others for that matter)...pm me your address,,and ill get another copy of off2 out to you.

I did as you suggested, deleting all signs of (OFF), turned my security program off (Windows Live), I have a CD disk with OFF in it, runned the first program, then when the OFF Installer started to run it stopped at the 1% mark with a dialog box and the following error : Run time error -2147319779 (8002801d) / Automation error / Library not registered.

Gene drinks.gif

well...will research that error,,but in the meantime,,if you want another disk (wouldnt hurt to try), pm me your address...

well...will research that error,,but in the meantime,,if you want another disk (wouldnt hurt to try), pm me your address...

I appreciate all your effort in dealing with my situation, I have seen some members been succesful on Vista 64 bit system and I thought I will give it a try, so one of this day I might order the P3 disk and give it another try, in the meantime I wait a while until some of the bugs are worked out...again thanks a million for your efforts.

Gene

yeah, I hate it when them flaming fokkers refuse to crash, especially when they are flyin in messershmits rofl.gif