Sign in to follow this  
Uwe

Corresponding campaign days?

Does anyone else fly their campaigns to run on the same day of the year in real life? I started out a 56th campaign in August and just flew those missions that fell on the same day of the year in real life. Once the missions were done for that day I went on to something else. I don't have much time anyway so it fit into my schedule. I had made it thru August and September (it rained a LOT) until yesterday October 6th. First day back after a crash landing near NML kept my pilot grounded for a couple of weeks.

Lawrence was ordered to go on a balloon busting mission. Weather was soupy but I flew it anyway. We got the balloon and the flack didn't seem too bad but they did some minor damage to my engine...or so I thought. It ran rough but not bad enough I thought to make a beeline for our trenches. I stayed on the planned flight path to RTB. Turned out it was a fuel leak. I didn't have messages turned on so I had no warning. I fly with no labels or messages on...that may need to change as I think the pilot should have had SOME warning about a ruptured fuel line, imo. So Lawrence with 19 kills was captured about 200 meters from the front lines.

It was an atmospheric flight. Here is a picture of flying over the front.

post-54167-12549178173499.jpg

Does anyone else fly their campaigns to run on the same day of the year in real life? I started out a 56th campaign in August and just flew those missions that fell on the same day of the year in real life. Once the missions were done for that day I went on to something else. I don't have much time anyway so it fit into my schedule. I had made it thru August and September (it rained a LOT) until yesterday October 6th. First day back after a crash landing near NML kept my pilot grounded for a couple of weeks.

Lawrence was ordered to go on a balloon busting mission. Weather was soupy but I flew it anyway. We got the balloon and the flack didn't seem too bad but they did some minor damage to my engine...or so I thought. It ran rough but not bad enough I thought to make a beeline for our trenches. I stayed on the planned flight path to RTB. Turned out it was a fuel leak. I didn't have messages turned on so I had no warning. I fly with no labels or messages on...that may need to change as I think the pilot should have had SOME warning about a ruptured fuel line, imo. So Lawrence with 19 kills was captured about 200 meters from the front lines.

It was an atmospheric flight. Here is a picture of flying over the front.

That is a great idea, Uwe, to be flying on days that correspond with the days. I have done that in FSX and use the real weather features. Now why didn't I think of it for here? And Lawrence had 19 kills! He is a hero!

that's a good idea and as long as i know there are more out there who do it the same way (siggi?!?). for me that's ultra DiD. something i absolutely admire. Salute.gif

Yes indeed Uwe, I have done that several times myself. I particularly like to coordinate my campaigns in the winter here in Minnesota. I look at that frozen snowy airfield and then I look out my window and see the same basic scene, and it really gets me in the mood.

Cheers!

Lou

BTW, that is a great screenshot Sir. I would like a larger version of it for a screensaver.

Well...last night I had to go back to my Jasta 30 roots for a bit. I feel safer not flying over the lines as much. Flak is like a neon "come get me" sign for the poor allied pilots too. About every other flight a group of enemy 2 seaters invariably are making their way over Phalempin and I will fall all over myself to use any excuse not to have to fly over the front lines. Got a mission to go attack an airfield and I was cussing about it when my excuse not to do it flew over me. A flight of 5 BE2c lumbered overhead. I shot them all down and when I returned to base a flight of Sopwith Tripe planes, the bane of my Jasta 30 existence, is right over Phalempin tormenting flight 1. I had a little ammo and shot one up but had to land when I was out of ammo.

Lou, my e-mail is J30_uwe <at> hotmail.com. Send me an e-mail and I will get the screenshot to you. It's bmp and 5MB 1680 x 1050. Saving it as a jpeg will probably reduce the size as I think hotmail has limits.

post-54167-12549245290494.jpg

Edited by Uwe

If you turn off messages then you er turn off messages ;)

Several craft have a fuel gauge, or fuel pressure. Over enemy territory keep your eye on it and on some leaks you will of course see more spray behind you ;)

Otherwise yes maybe toggle them on when in combat. Although with them off you are flying as you would in real life, you would not always know of damage to your craft until it was too late.