Sign in to follow this  
Ras

Lt. Nathaniel Larson

Who knows how long he will survive? But now that "Nate" has his own aircraft, he seems to be a little more careful. Thanks to the very nice skin from UK Widowmaker.

And, I am very poor with my WW1 aviation history. My labels were off, so was this perhaps an Ace that I encountered?

By the time i´m writing this, i bet that the pilot was killed because of the curse on OFF pilots made famous here. None lasts too long

Edited by macelena

Ras, I've searched through the Albatros D III skins. If this was a D III, it could have been

either Helmut Dilthey or Rudolf Klimke, Jasta 27. Their craft look the same to me.

Willi Rosenstein also had a white band on black, but his wings where two shades of green,

no mauve. At www.theaerodrome.com (aces), you may check about these two men.

Ras, I've searched through the Albatros D III skins. If this was a D III, it could have been

either Helmut Dilthey or Rudolf Klimke, Jasta 27. Their craft look the same to me.

Willi Rosenstein also had a white band on black, but his wings where two shades of green,

no mauve. At www.theaerodrome.com (aces), you may check about these two men.

Thank you sir. I knew there was a web site to check for that. I just did not know where to look. I went into the download section in case one had been made., but hadn't found anything. Much appreciated

I'm checking the skins with the freeware "DXTBmp"; try to google for it.

In the gamefolder, you find the skins under

(game folder) > campaigns > campaign data > skins

Nice screenies Ras...I'm impressed you pulled out of that dive!!...looks like the Ground was coming up pretty fast!...desperate manouver by that German Airman!!!

Nice screenies Ras...I'm impressed you pulled out of that dive!!...looks like the Ground was coming up pretty fast!...desperate manouver by that German Airman!!!

I must admit I had the aircraft realism settings on medium or the middle setting whatever that is called. I wouldn't want to ruin such a beautiful plane. Salute.gif

Lt. Nathaniel Larson is no longer with us, I am sorry to announce. No fault of his. With no more buttons on my joystick to pause the game to take that great looking photo- I was more involved in taking photos than flying. Big mistake. No excuse for that. It is even worse than running into a tree! I know I could have made the landing, but of the distraction. Probably in real life a pilot glanced at something that he should not have which led to a distaster of sorts.

I'll be joining RNAS #1, I think it is as William Rasmussen, my other grandfather as was Nathaniel Larson.

Great pics, Ras drinks.gif and the story board as well cool.gif

I look forward to more pics of your flying adventures and epic battles, Ras! One tip: try remapping your photo snapping command to one button instead of two. I use the "p" key myself. :salute:

Ras, looks like you need to map the camera to your joy stick no need to take your eyes off the screen then mate. Salute.gif

Ras, looks like you need to map the camera to your joy stick no need to take your eyes off the screen then mate. Salute.gif

I may have to get a new joystick. This one I have doesn't have a spare button, but then again, I shouldn't need one for ordinance or dropping bombs that one is assigned, when in the fighter pilot mode. Thanks

I look forward to more pics of your flying adventures and epic battles, Ras! One tip: try remapping your photo snapping command to one button instead of two. I use the "p" key myself. Salute.gif

I've joined another squadron and this time I sure hope to do better. If I can't find a button to pause the game on my joystick, I'll certainly find one on my keyboard that will be easy to find and reach. Thanks for the tips

I may have to get a new joystick. This one I have doesn't have a spare button, but then again, I shouldn't need one for ordinance or dropping bombs that one is assigned, when in the fighter pilot mode. Thanks

I've joined another squadron and this time I sure hope to do better. If I can't find a button to pause the game on my joystick, I'll certainly find one on my keyboard that will be easy to find and reach. Thanks for the tips

I believe 'P' is the default :grin:

I believe 'P' is the default grin.gif

People have told me I can't find my "arse" with my two hands sometimesgrin.gif So it is too difficult to find the "P" which is what I have used. Problem like others of my age is our eyesight and hand coordination. I have to darken the room sometimes in order to get my Trak 4 to work properly and that is a real handicap. I must figure a way around that. Still, its time for a new stick, having had this one for about 10 years. Don't you all think its time?

Sorry to read that Nathaniel Larson has gone west to join his companions Ras. A budding aviator's career cut short...yet again.

Drink up boys, and ask not for whom the bell tolls. Hurrah for the next man to die!

drinks.gif

Ras, if you ain't got no stick button left, the easiest to find key on the keyboard

is the space bar. Assign "pause" to that - you'll find it without really looking there.

People have told me I can't find my "arse" with my two hands sometimesgrin.gif So it is too difficult to find the "P" which is what I have used. Problem like others of my age is our eyesight and hand coordination. I have to darken the room sometimes in order to get my Trak 4 to work properly and that is a real handicap. I must figure a way around that. Still, its time for a new stick, having had this one for about 10 years. Don't you all think its time?

Ras... I had the same problem with difficulty seeing the keyboard when the lights are dim (or indeed off!) due to TrackIR.

I solved the problem by buying an Iluminating Keyboard!...you can switch it on when its dark, and hey presto!...works a treat for me!! :salute:

Ras... I had the same problem with difficulty seeing the keyboard when the lights are dim (or indeed off!) due to TrackIR.

I solved the problem by buying an Iluminating Keyboard!...you can switch it on when its dark, and hey presto!...works a treat for me!! Salute.gif

Never knew such a keyboard existed, Widowmaker. I will keep that in mind. I did find an extra button on my joystick though. And what a difference that does make. Somehow that sounds weird!!!whip.gif