Sign in to follow this  
Streakfalcon

New SFE2 GermanyCE in SFP1?

Hey guys I just got SFE2 but never had WOE. Has anyone gotten a gen2 terrain to work in a gen1 game? I used the new cat packer to unpack to a folder named GermanyCE in the old terrain folder and it works but im missing runway and taxiway textures. Any ideas? BTW will the old forrest and trees mod work with the new version?

Edited by ikon71

Hey guys I just got SFE2 but never had WOE. Has anyone gotten a gen2 terrain to work in a gen1 game? I used the new cat packer to unpack to a folder named GermanyCE in the old terrain folder and it works but im missing runway and taxiway textures. Any ideas? BTW will the old forrest and trees mod work with the new version?

The .ini and .lod files in SF2x are in unicode, and as such, will not work in series 1. While you can recompile the .ini files from unicode to ANSI, you cannot do the same for the .lod files.

The forest and tree mod will work in SF2x.

Edited by Fubar512

Thanks for the info, do you think there are downloadable lods or airfields from the Desert or Vietnam CAT that would work. Its just wierd that the only thing Im missing is the runways and taxiways.

Thanks for the info, do you think there are downloadable lods or airfields from the Desert or Vietnam CAT that would work. Its just wierd that the only thing Im missing is the runways and taxiways.

You need to extract the airfield lods, bitmaps, and .ini files from the series 1 terrain(s) that you wish to use, and move them to the terrain folder.

and then double check in the GermanyCE targets and Types inis, that the callout exist for those airfields (btw: search for "Runway")

edit: don't forget there's tga's assigned to the runway lods too, for the dirt roadways.

wrench

kevin stein

Got it, I must have missed a small detail though, some of the soviet airfields are missing. What I did was extract all the contents of my desert cat that were LODs and placed them in a folder called GermanyCE along with what I extracted from the SFE2 GermanyCE cat. Thanks again for the help.