Sign in to follow this  

starting to take its form

322.jpg

The hangar and loading screens I did 5 years ago!!!, when Pakso showed the WIP of his never-finsihed version (along with a whole mess of others...), will FINALLY get a home!!!

Good going Ed!!

wrench

kevin stein

The hangar and loading screens I did 5 years ago!!!, when Pakso showed the WIP of his never-finsihed version (along with a whole mess of others...), will FINALLY get a home!!!

Good going Ed!!

wrench

kevin stein

is he still around ?

I think he did some stuff for YAP, but as for General Usage ™, nothing in over 2 years. He'd had a P-61, Spit9 and few others that just never materialized. Sad.

Have you given any thought to a pit? I'd like to suggest Stary's P-26 Peashooter; albeit not a perfect match (well, we know that story), but it IS a open cockpit, with minimal gauges. I'll have to do more research on gunsights for it, as I don't know if it's a reflector (which means using something else) or ring-and-bead type. It might also be converted (hopefully easily) to metric measurments via small ini edits.

FM-wise, there's not a lot to choose from for 06 level sesiquplanes...but I have some ideas there, too. When the model is ready, I'd like to experiment with my thoughts....

Now, I'm off to find some books .... hope I can find the Mushroom yellow on it...

wrench

kevin stein

Good Idea Kev that should do for now,,,,,,,damn if only I could learn to Pit

HAHA the pilot with breathing device in a biplane!! rofl.gif

Nice work dudes.

Edited by nixarass

HAHA the pilot with breathing device in a biplane!! rofl.gif

Nice work dudes.

C42 was a very advanced biplane but forgot the pilot was for a Huricane soooooooooo

c42g.jpg

Great work Veltro,

I must say I am really looking forward to this one :good:

NIIICE :drinks: !! I found the windscreen too much streamlined... Thanks!!!

Need some help with the FM

42com.jpg

<cough> I have an idea for the FM <cough> Have to check performance (ie: speed of the aircraft in mind vs the Falco)

In regards to the 02 mask, why wouldn't they be using one? I'll have to check my cut-away diagram, but I seem to recall 02 bottles in there somewhere....(from Squad/Signal #6022 Italian Aircraft of WW2 -covers the major players, fighters, bombers, recon/transport)

EDIT: sorry for the quality of the image; the discoloration is on the original pdf page scan, and I had to stitch together 2 pages, so there's some mis-alignment. Note the highlighted item, #45.

Also discovered it has a reflector gunsight ... so I have to look around for something to use. Maybe Kess' 109* pit, or AD's Zeke pit (as it has the gun breeches showing), but all the labels are in Japanese! I'm sure I could relable in english (or Italian with one of our member's translating)...just figuring out which is which would be the hard part. Wolf's P-40B pit has a closer shape, with exposed gun breeches (and I know the moves to remove the canopy and such) but no refelector gunsight....

need to experiment....

wrench

kevin stein

*note: many of the meshes in Kess's pits are in german, which again, I don't speak or read...so if that were to be used, I'd need a translators help on deciphering the OUT file to figure out which bits to move out of the way

Ok, some quickie moves. It turns out Kess had the mesh names I needed in English, so made this a bit easier.

The 2 pics are:

109E pit

Hurri pit

with the side windows, upper canopy and etc moved out of the way. (just ignore the flaps indicator on the hurri pit ... if Ed deciedes he likes that one better, I'll repaint it)

The hurri pit is used on the Mc-200, and it looks MUCH better this way. If anyone wants, I'll post the specifics in the Tweeks Sticky Thread.

wrench

kevin stein

Ed, I'll have some 'goodies' for you later today ... did some repainting in the cockpit, got all the lights dialed in, loadouts and MGs adjusted. It'll turn inside Spits and Hurris!!

As with most bi-planes, there's a small clipping issue at 10 & 2 o'clock high positions in the cockpit - the wing struts disappear at the windshield frame, but it's so minor, as to not even be worth mentioning. I don't thik it can be fixed in 06 level games anyway, as it needs the "OpenCockpit=TRUE" game coding from FE (btw: folks might want to test in there, just to see after it's release).

It'll need the new meshes for the bomb racks added. Anyone know if they ever carried drop tanks? I've turned up nothing in hours and hours of researching, and the few books I have don't say diddley.

wrench

kevin stein

Ed, I'll have some 'goodies' for you later today ... did some repainting in the cockpit, got all the lights dialed in, loadouts and MGs adjusted. It'll turn inside Spits and Hurris!!

As with most bi-planes, there's a small clipping issue at 10 & 2 o'clock high positions in the cockpit - the wing struts disappear at the windshield frame, but it's so minor, as to not even be worth mentioning. I don't thik it can be fixed in 06 level games anyway, as it needs the "OpenCockpit=TRUE" game coding from FE (btw: folks might want to test in there, just to see after it's release).

It'll need the new meshes for the bomb racks added. Anyone know if they ever carried drop tanks? I've turned up nothing in hours and hours of researching, and the few books I have don't say diddley.

wrench

kevin stein

No prob if i could find some pics of what they look like,how many, positions

Ed

package coming your way.

I forget to mention, I've used Shaolin's Revi 3D gunsight tga. I adjusted the color and redrew the lines on the alpha channel in the tga to brighten it up a bit. It's a nicer, more accurate 3D than the one I was using. So, don't forget to add his name to the readme for credit! :good:

wrench

kevin stein

Wrench

I bought the book. It comes with 1/48th drawings of the panel lines, which is great. Some nice photos of the cockpit of the surviving Falcos in the UK and Sweden. Of course, lots of colour plates.

Lloyd

Looks about right to me!!

wrench

kevin stein

Mapped and ready for Skinning

Hey Ed

Did you have any volunteers for skinning the Falco? If not, count me in. If someone is already on to it then I'll shut up and be patient.

I should have ready this weekend another couple of BoF skins for the D.520. I plan to do at least 3 BoF skins for the D.520 and Hawk H-75A, an then move on to Vichy skins for Operation Torch, Syria and Dakah.

Lloyd

Early days.

post-2351-12563769330022.jpg

Edited by LloydNB
  • Like 1