Sign in to follow this  
MK2

Anyone at combat ace playing Silent Hunter 4?

I finally got around to playing it and it is awesome. I am using Silent Hunter (4) 1.5 patched with the Triigerr maru Overhaul 1.7 mod.

Awesome game. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

Silent Hunter 1.5 ???

Never heard of it. I play Slient Hunter III (modded) and Silent Hunter IV (modded), but never heard of Silent Hunter 1.5.

Silent Hunter 1.5 ???

Never heard of it. I play Slient Hunter III (modded) and Silent Hunter IV (modded), but never heard of Silent Hunter 1.5.

Panama, the title of the thread is Sient Hunter 4, 1.5 is the latest official patch (adds Uboat campaign etc). Sorry about the confusion.

Here ares some screens from my latest patrol

bad_weather.jpg

Maru_impact.jpg

Marusunk02.jpg

Binoculars_at_night.jpg

destroyer_takes_torp.jpg

small_merchant.jpg

looks amazing, in the shot through the periscope that water looks real. I am going to get that game soon.

The last patches for SH4 eliminated a need for a CD/DVD, so you do not need a "crack".

I still play from time to time. If I don't play it for awhile, it takes quite a bit of time to get back into the groove.

Any info on where I can get the 1.5 patch? The Ubi site only has 1.4

Thanks,

Gary

Ive been wanting to try this game for ages. How steep is the learning curve? I know next to nothing about naval warfare tactics etc and was just wondering if its easier for a beginner to play? Would this gaem be classified as a hardcore sim or not?

Mike

Edited by MaverickMike

Just reinstalled SH4(gonna update to 1.5 soon) and am beginning the learning curve. Man, the planes are tough to shoot down.....any tips?

Does the multiplayer work worth a darn? One of my flying buddies is an ex-bubblehead and seems very interested in this, too.

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks for the link.

The front AA gun seems better, I made it thru sub school.

Ran out of fish on the convoy and used the deck gun to finish the job.

Gary

Edited by Freebird

Yes, and if you purchase the 1.5 U-Boat addon, you will have both a American or a German dynamic campaign.

Also, it seems the 1.5 update increases performance a bit, too.

I have installed a few mods(MaxOptics, Radar Range Rings, etc) and the RSRD package, too.

Gary

Do I play? Absolutely. I love this game; I highly recommend "Real Fleet Boat" and "Run Silent, Run Deep: The Campaign" mods. I'm a realism fan.

My current boat: USS Billfish, under way.

balao.jpg

A Kongo I sank with another boat - I spotted a TF withdrawing from the Battle of Santa Cruz. I got lucky!

Kongo_Sinking.jpg

USS Billfish's greatest moment yet - one of four tankers that I sank in a convoy just after the Battle Of The Philippine Sea.

Sinking_Tanker.jpg

good.gif Ive Played SH4 a while back but didnt think it was as good overall as SH 3. I still hual out the U Boat every now ang then and raid the convoy routes.rofl.gif

SH3 and SH4 are two different animals. It just depends on what you like. I prefer the US Fleetboats over the Uboats. But with the Supermods out for it now, Trigger Maru Overhayled is now to version 1.9. Real Fleetboat 1.5(?). And it looks like Fall Of The Rising Sun is coming into it's own finally. There were some bugs that needed to get sorted out.

In between periods of intense combat flight simming, I return to Silent Hunter 3 with the Grey Wolves GWX mod and it is superb in atmosphere. And I also enjoy Silent Hunter 4 updated to 1.5 with Real Fleet Boat mod and Run Silent Run Deep mod. That too is fantastic but I prefer Silent Hunter 3 with GWX.

SH4Img2009-01-16_182444_487.jpg