Sign in to follow this  
Check Six

Project Aerodromes

Hey, am I lacking vitamins? Check Six, were is that phantastic map you showed further up?

Just went through the download section - nothing.

Is it still a work in progress?

Olham,

That was page 1 of a 40 page document called "Project Aerodromes" done by Hugh Wynn some time ago. I came across it in my research, and got a copy for my own personal use. Like I said, it's a very large document, and I couldn't post it all here in this thread. I also don't know whether it will "fit" in the "Downloads" section, as I've never posted anything there. I am also unsure about copyright protection. If you wish, email me on

sldrew2000@hotmail.com

and I'll send it to you. Beware that it may clog up your email for some days due to its size. If you want it, just email me.

Edited by Check Six

chrispdm1, thanks for that great little map Sir! Very good.

Olham, I had to chuckle when I saw your map project of the Lens to Laon area. I have been building the exact same thing from Albert all the way north to the coast!

Check Six, I would very much like that map set as well Sir, and I will drop you an e-mail, if you don't mind.

Cheers!

Lou

Lou, perhaps we should "glue" our two maps together to cover the whole available area.

Did you upload yours already?

I am still working on my map Olham. I started on it yesterday morning when I began a new DID career flying BE2's in January of 1915 up by St. Omer and decided it was time to have the aerodrome names right on the map I was using. I can post it when I have it finished.

Feel free to use my map, RAF_Louvert - you'd only have to do the northern bit then.

Thank you very much Olham, I shall do just that Sir!

ok.gif

I've already got the Flanders maps with the airfield names on them. I did it in preperation of having a complete crossreferenceable map system. I could upload them now if you'd like, I still have to put cross section reference points on them though. They have the names on the map instead of being in a white tag. I also took some needless info out, like multiple aerodrome locations on the map that are slightly off of where they are in the game.

Oh, I would like, very much! Thanks chrispdm1, it will be a real boon to have the drome names right on the maps. good.gif

Well, that's what I had done anyway, too, Lou.

But yeah, chrispdm1 - please upload it. Maybe it's even better?

Yes Olham, I know you did Sir, and it is very neat. But niether of us did it for the whole of Flanders, so it would be great to have the rest of the area with the dromes on the map. :smile:

BTW Olham, here was my finished "working" map after taking what you did and adding it to my project:

Nieuport_to_Laon_map.jpg

• Like 1

Well, we'll see, what chrisp will come up with.

I'm just putting more visible roundels on right now, when I get back home tonight after work I will get them uploaded.