Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Harriers and hovering?

I think SF2E got water injection (unlimited) with Oct 2009 update.

Symptoms:

1) Engine exchaust goes from clean to smoky when nozzles go down

2) I can hover GR.3 with 4 rocket pods and full fuel. Can fly it backwards, sideways and ahead although helo take off is a bit tricky.

plz do explain how you do that?

Step 1: install SF2: Israel. :grin:

Or wait for a patch, 'cause TK tends to release patches to bring engine in earlier games up to date.

i havent found out HOW to rotate the jets for vtol, any help? please?

-ps this may not be the correct forum for this post, am new here, please post in correct one if not, or notify me, and i will do so

i havent found out HOW to rotate the jets for vtol, any help? please?

-ps this may not be the correct forum for this post, am new here, please post in correct one if not, or notify me, and i will do so

You mean rotate the nozzles? Start the game, go to options, control, and then map "thrust vector control", to (preferably) a two-way switch on your game controller.

Can someone explain how water injection works. I know many american planes used this system as opposed to some type of super fuel additive. Does it just cool things down a bit so the engine can run at a higher thrust?

Thanks

John W.

Can someone explain how water injection works. I know many american planes used this system as opposed to some type of super fuel additive. Does it just cool things down a bit so the engine can run at a higher thrust?

Thanks

John W.

Water injection cools down the combustion process enough to allow the introduction of more fuel (in the case of jets) and higher supercharger boost pressures (in the case of reciprocating engines). Both scenarios result in an increase of thrust or horsepower then would otherwise be possible without engine damage.

:salute: What an amazing thread very informative learned a lot about this amazing aircraft i didnt know from people that worked and flew them excellent

Hi all - sorry for the n00b post - I've been trying to get my thrust vectoring to work, and I thought to look in the key mapping under Options, but it wasn't there. I'm running the Oct 2008 version of WOV, is there some patch I need to get thrust vectoring included in this program?

Thanks!!

//Bill