Sign in to follow this  
SortofRed

Squadron Reassigned to England - Boring!

My RNAS-1 squadron was moved to England from Northern France and I have yet to see 1 enemy aircraft on any patrol. Although apparently someone is as I constantly see that my squadron mates have lodged claims after patrols (although not the 1 I'm ever in). Is this the norm for a campaign? Do i have to wait out 2 months of tedious non event patrols before our squad moves back to Europe again? (I know they do eventually). thanks for any replies!

Several of the Naval squadrons were rotated back to England during the course of the war to rest. Swan about in the skies over Sunny England, drop by to impress family and girl friends, and generally have a good time. I suggest you do the same. Jump on your OFF bicycle and go pub hopping. You'll be back over the dreary skies of Flanders soon enough, wishing you were back in Blighty with your feet if front of the fire. Or use time advance, if you must, to get on with winning the war.

Cheers,

shredward

Several of the Naval squadrons were rotated back to England during the course of the war to rest. Swan about in the skies over Sunny England, drop by to impress family and girl friends, and generally have a good time. I suggest you do the same. Jump on your OFF bicycle and go pub hopping. You'll be back over the dreary skies of Flanders soon enough, wishing you were back in Blighty with your feet if front of the fire. Or use time advance, if you must, to get on with winning the war.

Cheers,

shredward

Shred:

I wouyld like to keep the same pilot I have been flying with, and as afar as I can see, there is no way to "time advance" through a campaign already in existence with this same pilot. Am I wrong?

It seems in my memory, that you can alter the pilot file to adjust the date to coincide with a location change. The best way to do this was to validate the new move date based on the historical information in the select squadron screen, along with the airfield location. Then adjust the information in the pilot file to match it. I tried this when RFC 28?? campaign ended early in 1918 (which I was unaware) as there was no more information in the data file for this squadron, so I "rolled" the clock back, to continue flying in their Sopwith Camels. I am not sure if this was a bug, because I would have to get out my historical books to find out what really happened to RFC 28. I am sure the files are accurate, and the squadron was dissolved or absorbed into another for some reason.

Of course, I don't recommend this in standard practice, bring "pilots back from the dead" or create bogus awards in the pilot's file, as this can be done in a similar manner. Some of these tricks were learned when CFS3 first came out, and the pilot information design for the file has remained somewhat unchanged.

ok I figured it out by changing the time advanced to manual/auto in workshop. thanks
I hope you stayed in England long enough to see the sights. London and Stonehenge are worth seeing in OFF. Edited by Bullethead

Eventually before Saturn crashes into Mars or whatever we hope to have the Gotha and Zep in campaign then you might get some action defending England. Otherwise do as the guys say and transfer out by choosing a pilot in another date or squadron , or sight-see, or manual time advance (as you found via workshop setting), :cool: .

Eventually before Saturn crashes into Mars or whatever we hope to have the Gotha and Zep in campaign then you might get some action defending England. Otherwise do as the guys say and transfer out by choosing a pilot in another date or squadron , or sight-see, or manual time advance (as you found via workshop setting), cool.gif .

That would be excellent!

Just to clarify there..

CFS3 QC is relegated as it's, well, old CFS3, not that it's terribly broken, just not recommended and we do no work or particular testing with it.

P3 is Vista compatible and the installer was indeed developed ON Vista so works fine. Vista being Vista it may need some help from time to time, but that's not us ;)