Sign in to follow this  
joes_shop

RWR Texture in place of Radar !

Problem: All aircraft with Radar and RWR have that (RWR) Texture superimposed where Radar Texture should be in all 3W Sims.

Example: F-4B has Radar Texture in correct location in cockpit. F-4E has RWR Texture in place of Radar Texture and RWR Texture in upper right hand corner. All aircraft with RWR instrument in cockpit (instrument itself) shows colored lines instead of correct texture. So, no working radar in any aircraft that also has an RWR.

All Settings (for all Sims): Normal.

All Sims patched to current standard.

All Sims are ‘clean’ – no mods. installed.

All Drivers/Direct X up to date.

System

Pent. 4 CPU 2.80 GHz, 896 MB of RAM.

1024 MB of DDR SDRAM.

Two Hard Drives: C and D. C has OS and 40 GB of Memory. D has all sims and 64 GB of Memory.

‘Swap File’/Virtual Memory: set at 3072 MB for both drives.

Hardware acceleration set at ‘Full’.

Video: ATI Radeon IGP 345M with 128 MB Ram.

Display: Digital Flat Panel 1024 x 768 @ 60 Htz.

Background: first noticed this approx. 1 week ago in WOV. Then checked all 3W sims (SF2 Vietnam and WOE) – all have this problem. Uninstalled (incl. Registry) and then Reinstalled all sims – problem still exists. Have not had this problem before – that is prior to, all 3W sims had functioning radar, etc.

Device Manager does not show any conflicts.

No other Sims have this problem.

Folder Structure (not sure if this matters - ?) for D Drive:

Program Files / Thirdwire / First Eagles / SF2 Vietnam /

Program Files / Wings Over Europe /

Program Files / Wings Over Vietnam

Install History:

First Eagles then Wings Over Europe, then SF2 Vietnam and finally Wings Over Vietnam.

Any assistance will be appreciated!

Regards,

J. P. Kelly

Someone posted a similar problem at 3rd Wires site so maybe worth checking there - although looking above it looks like you have totally screwed up the install - how do you have the SF 2 Vietnam folder in the First Eagles Folder?

Firstly the only 2 games you have that can be merged are WOV and WOE - although my advice is don't bother.

Uninstall the whole lot, remove the folders manually - then when you reinstall each game must go to a different location.

It Doesnt matter what order you install them in without merging WOV and WOE - but you should end up with something like:

Program Files / Thirdwire / First Eagles /

Program Files / Thirdwire / SF2 Vietnam /

Program Files / Wings Over Europe /

Program Files / Wings Over Vietnam /

MigBuster,

That was 'me' over at 3W; thanks for the response - I will do as you advise.

I can't 'date' when the problem happened. I was flying in WOV (A-6) for the past several months and had not flown WOE during that time although prior to it was working correctly.

I purchased/installed SF2 VN in the same root dir. as FE - I had no idea at the time re 'merged installs'. When I noticed the problem with the Radar/RWR texture in WOV I checked WOE on a whim - and there it was - same problem.

Again, I appreciate your help.

Regards,

J. P. Kelly

MigBuster,

I removed everything, ran CCleaner, re-installed WOV last night (up to Patch 2) and it's working fine! All I have to do now is add all the mods and patch to current standard.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

J. P. Kelly